JVC KW-v230bt electrical issue

Participant count
  • Participant list

mas52292

Utah
I have a 2012 Nissan Altima (no Bose system) with a JVC KW-v230bt that has been giving me problems for the last few months. It will only power on when the harness is pulled extremely tight to the point where it is sitting on my shifter. I wired it up about a year ago and for the first 8 months or so it had no problems except for me having to put a higher amp fuse in the back of the radio. I upped the fuse from the stock 10A to a 20A because thats the only way it would stay powered for more than 3 minutes. It ran that way for 8 months with 0 problems. I can currently put a aftermarket single DIN radio in my current harness setup and it move it around all over the place and it stays powered. Also, the fuse in the back of the radio has never blown. I have had a couple under the hood blow recently. I am lost at this point. Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.