Just picked up an Astro - Cargo Style

ive pulled some decent numbers out of budget equipment and sounded good doing it . now im looking for a budget demo van build . correct me if im wrong , 1 ho alt with a good battery bank is good for what ....... 6,000 to maybe 8,000 watts ? so lets start there . i have an astro van with 6000 watts of power and i have 1,000 to spend on subs . i would love more than 4 subs

If he's attempting to build the wall himself, then yeah, hopefully around 1K for materials, factor in labor costs if he has someone build it for him. I don't want waste a ton of money on a wall build for it to come out like crap, so I'll spend the extra money and have a Pro build it.
yes im building the wall myself , fully capable of doing so . no labor , just my time and money .

How about a bunch of DC level 3's. Those are a decent price and if you buy several of them I'm sure DC would cut you a break on them. They are rated for 600 watts, but someone in Europe was putting 11K to his, so they can handle the power if built right.
whats the price on those ? did a quick search and no info except specs . im sure if i bought more than 4 they would cut me some slack . most companys will

Gotta call them for pricing. I'm sure Rusty or Ana can take care of you, 775-425-5700
ok will do first thing monday morning . quick math , 12 of them at 600 rms ea . 7200 watts needed . know of dc , sure i could throw double that to them and not worry but 7200 is around the power range im looking to do . now it just depends on the cost . might have to do 8 with more power

You could try calling Randy at Atomic, not sure what model would work best for you, but they have always made killer subs.

And more subs is nice for demos and looks a lot cooler. I'm planning to go with four 18's because four subs are cheaper than say 6 or 8 of them, and four recones are cheaper to do than 6 or 8. I'm just looking at the long run. I want to do mine somewhat on a small budget too, A pair of Atomic 5000.1,s and four DC XL 18's. A little expensive I guess, but I already own one amp and two subs.

You could try calling Randy at Atomic, not sure what model would work best for you, but they have always made killer subs.
And more subs is nice for demos and looks a lot cooler. I'm planning to go with four 18's because four subs are cheaper than say 6 or 8 of them, and four recones are cheaper to do than 6 or 8. I'm just looking at the long run. I want to do mine somewhat on a small budget too, A pair of Atomic 5000.1,s and four DC XL 18's. A little expensive I guess, but I already own one amp and two subs.
my biggest concern about doing the large amount of lower end subs is -

will they move enough air to pull a door open hair trick

if i decide to meter it , will it atleast do mid 50's

will it sound good musically

I spent about 500 in materials for my van build and it does a 166 legal with less then ideal equipment. If you have 500-600 to spend on materials I would suggest getting steel tubing and doing it that way.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.