Just picked up an Astro - Cargo Style

constantproject
10+ year member

Would love to get some ideas on doing a budget build . I would like to stay with 1 alt. with a nice battery bank .

Wanting a musical sound , not a burp box . Plan on daily driving this thing .

I'd like to keep the subwoofer budget around 1,000 and the amps around the same . Im hoping to do complete build for less than 3,000 with wood and all .

Thought about a bunch of Hifonics HFI's being they are around 30 ea. shipped

These were just an idea , no set in stone .

Please throw some ideas out . Got the cash , ready to start .

Ive thought about the sa-15s and also looked at those mach 18's . Sundowns whole line is impressive to say the least with tons of vids on youtube to prove it . The Mach's , well i've seen a few vids and they didnt look real impressive . As far as the SA-15's I guess my biggest problem is having this much room to mess with and only using 4 15's . It ***** my sub budget is only 1,000 or maybe i could do a bunch of some real subs . Oh well , bring on the budget subs lol

Just a heads up, if you build it right you should be looking at a grand on just materials. I'm also looking at an Astro to wall 4 18's for music/demo's, and it's going to cost me at least 2 grand to build it, plus equipment.
1K materials , 2K subs, equipment & amps = 3k (what he said already)

Just a heads up, if you build it right you should be looking at a grand on just materials. I'm also looking at an Astro to wall 4 18's for music/demo's, and it's going to cost me at least 2 grand to build it, plus equipment.
your looking at 4 18s , needing what 4 - 5 baffles ? just for the front part of the box . thats why im looking to stay with some not to beefy subs . i understand it will still need to be 1.5 inches plus thick but nothing along the lines of 4 18's

1K materials , 2K subs, equipment & amps = 3k (what he said already)
If he's attempting to build the wall himself, then yeah, hopefully around 1K for materials, factor in labor costs if he has someone build it for him. I don't want waste a ton of money on a wall build for it to come out like crap, so I'll spend the extra money and have a Pro build it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.