Just installed the SET!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list
The shop that did the work Hooked up the amp to my stock battery, and I added the largest duralast gold at autozone for a temporary set up. Should he have hooked the amp up to the new battery instead of the stock battery?

I have a cadence 600.4 and a T20001BD running off the stock batt. Then, a 1000 crank batt wired in parallel to the stock, using 0 gauge wire. Stock alt is 160 amp 100-110 at idle (500RPM)

Another thing, my stock batt is 2 yrs old and was having trouble starting the car after playing the music (just highs and mids) with the car off for 30mins or more,

I can recall in the summer time I could run my higs and mids for hours and the car would start right up! now half the time and the car has trouble, need a new starting batt?

I can recall in the summer time I could run my higs and mids for hours and the car would start right up! now half the time and the car has trouble, need a new starting batt?
Batteries hold less of a charge when it's cold.

But, do the big 3, and if that doesn't work, new batt.

to the first post in the thread, you can't.
How can I check the ohm reading? I checked the subs disconnected and they both say 1 ohm. The T20001BD has 2 sets of speaker terminals, I wired the subs straight up. and each set of speaker wires were 1 ohm. Does that mean it's seeing 2 ohms or .5 or 1 ohm?

Batteries hold less of a charge when it's cold.
But, do the big 3, and if that doesn't work, new batt.
Well, stock my vehicle has 1/0 gauge welding wire already. When I receive my wire from loudcartunez I plan to lay 2 runs of 2/0 from the alt to 2 new bats in the trunk, then I will replace that stock bat with that new duralast I just bought. Do you think the runs of 2/0 will make the set stronger?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.