Just Got In Some New Image Dynamics Sickness! Yeah Baby!

Everyone keeps asking if that is real CF or a sticker, it is real carbon fiber. Not like it is made of gold or anything but people view it with ohhss.. and ahhhhs....

Installed the XS65's last night. After a short tuning session "running active" I am very impressed I still have some tuning to do but my initial impressions as as follows...

- UBER efficient which helps even the most low level sounds come through with clarity. I had to actually cut output 5db total over my previous set they were so efficient.

- Very revealing. The mid is detailed and mellow with good off & on axis responce

- Do not confuse this mid with a pounding midbass. The lowest I found that I could cut the mid off at was 63hz / 12db/oct. not much output below 63hz. The good side of this is that the midrange is wicked detailed and transparent.

- Cutting the mids off at 63hz blended flawless with the IDQV3's. The stage has remained focused up front and even kick drums sound like they are up front.

- On the tweet, Still working on the tuning but I had to cut out a full 4db out of it initially to be a good match for the mids. The tweet is located down low in the kick next to the mid. Cannot comment or praise the tweet yet as I have the mid, still a lot of work to do tuning wise. It does seem a little hot on axis but 30 degres off axis it really cleaned up it's act. I also want to see how they sound with the metal grills off. Lots of testing to do! I can say I am very happy with it so far.

At the moment, I have crossed the set over at 2.5K 12db/oct. Eric at ID has told me a more shallow top end roll off or no roll off for the mid works very well as it has a natural roll off. Will be playing with them more tommorow.

Will take pics in the morning but so far I have to say out of all the components I have heard in the $500 range, I would purchase the xs65's again in a heartbeat. Now I cannot comment on how they sound with the passive crossover so keep that in mind. My results may be very different.

Can you tell us what the depth and outer diameter is on the component set b/c ID doesn't list this on their website. Nice review //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Wholly crap I got time to play with the xs65's and dial them in, They can handle power and get LOUD and stay CLEAN! WOW. I have actually never heard a set that can keep it together at the levels these bad boys can play. They are broken in now and sound excellent! HIGHLY recommended for the $$$. No idea on the passives but active these things are GREAT!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

desertheat

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
desertheat
Tempe, Az
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date