just got a pair of kinetik 1400's question

Participant count
  • Participant list

truckcap22
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
ky
they both just have the screw in terminals, i want to put one under the hood so i need those battery posts anyone know where i could get those? i'm guessing autozone or lowes walmart didn't have them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

or can i just get an isolator and keep my redtop under the hood and throw these in the back? i'd really like to do that if possible

they both just have the screw in terminals, i want to put one under the hood so i need those battery posts anyone know where i could get those? i'm guessing autozone or lowes walmart didn't have them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
If they are new they should come with the posts if not they are 3/8"

well after reserching alot i found no one runs isolators..lol but would i need to fuse between batts? or is that uncalled for?

also, if i'm runnin the red up front, and the two 1400's i'd run 1/0 to the first then connect the two 1400s together then fuse the wire before running to my amp correct?

i wouldnt fuse between the batts in the back..

""also, if i'm runnin the red up front, and the two 1400's i'd run 1/0 to the first then connect the two 1400s together then fuse the wire before running to my amp correct?""

yes. you can do it this way

Fuse after your under-hood battery, Before your first trunk battery and after your last trunk battery.

Something happens to your long run you will be glad you did it that way. As you have juice going in both directions.

pay attention to the last 65 seconds particularly.This is why with a red top you may want to use an isolator

OPTIMA REDTOP WARRANTY INFORMATION

6V, 12V Passenger Vehicle / Light Truck (noncommercial) 36 Months Free Replacement

Commercial 12 Months Free Replacement

*****Abusive service / Deep Cycle Applications / Car Audio- Not covered *****

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

truckcap22

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
truckcap22
ky
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date