Just an idea. Feedback?

Participant count
  • Participant list
How about for my next system, two death row 12" subs on a crecendo bc3500 in a 4th order ported through my back deck lid into the cabin? Opinions?
you might be underestimating how big a 4th order really is. You gonna have to build inside your trunk and cut up the rear deck and seal the deck off completely from the trunk.

I had a couple DR 12's in the trunk, no bandpass but they can really take some juice. Had mine on a TS3.5k. Never clampled but I could tell they could take more power. Sounded really good though, and loud!

IA makes great subs. No one runs em out here in Cali, but I really liked my Lethal 12 and DP 15.

The DR will bang all day on that power. I could be wrong, but they might be more 6th friendly? EBP is around .75

IA makes great subs. No one runs em out here in Cali, but I really liked my Lethal 12 and DP 15.
The DR will bang all day on that power. I could be wrong, but they might be more 6th friendly? EBP is around .75
Isn't a 6th a lot bigger than a 4th? Don't get me wrong I have a massive trunk but idk if even a 4th will fit.

6th's are bigger. But you wouldnt want to put a sub in wrong enclosure. Ive generally heard ebp of .5 or less is 4th order, .5-.75 is either, .75 and above is 6th friendly. It appears they are on the edge. A 4th seems possible, but hopefully someone with BP expertise can chime in.

6th's are bigger. But you wouldnt want to put a sub in wrong enclosure. Ive generally heard ebp of .5 or less is 4th order, .5-.75 is either, .75 and above is 6th friendly. It appears they are on the edge. A 4th seems possible, but hopefully someone with BP expertise can chime in.
How many cubes do you think it would be for a 6th. Because I want one I just don't know if it would fit.

You are pretty much spot on.

That is 14cu before any displacements other than mdf. You should be able to fit it...as stated, the proper design will be key. Csc should be able to pull it off

For my trunk i am going to build 2 15"s in a regular ported. Then if the output is lacking rebuild into a 4th order ported through the rear deck. Porting through the deck is the best way to mazamixe output from a trunk build.

For my trunk i am going to build 2 15"s in a regular ported. Then if the output is lacking rebuild into a 4th order ported through the rear deck. Porting through the deck is the best way to mazamixe output from a trunk build.
I'm definitely porting through the lid. I think 2 beefy 12s will be better than 2 15s. It's just a huge box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.