Just a quick subwoofer question

Thank you for your input. I will go with the SoundQubeds. Does anyone know what the recommended ported enclosure size is for the SQ HDS215? I would tune it to 32hz. I have 3.5-3.6 cu ft, of air space available, (after deducting for enclosure material, and thickness). The 3.5-3.6 ft, does not include the space that would be deducted for a single aero port.

I am a SoundQubed Guy myself.... But im honestly thinking that im about to try a pair of AP BD2 or BD3 12's. Ive heard a few setups and they sounded good. Ive been intrigued by them for a bit now. I like trying out budget equipment to see what i can get out of it lol

Thank you for your input. I will go with the SoundQubeds. Does anyone know what the recommended ported enclosure size is for the SQ HDS215? I would tune it to 32hz. I have 3.5-3.6 cu ft, of air space available, (after deducting for enclosure material, and thickness). The 3.5-3.6 ft, does not include the space that would be deducted for a single aero port.
Would do much better in a 4-4.5 net box. They thrive in bigger boxes.

Look on their website, on top of the page, under tech support. Look for box size and tuning.

Well, due to the box requirements, I will have to try another brand sub then. Do the Sundown E's require any less airspace? As far as the Audiopipe TXX BD2'S go, I have heard decent things about them, but again, I have no clue what enclosure size that they would require either. I am going to attempt to put two 15's in my little Suzuki X-90. Total airspace I have is 7.12 ft (3.6 ft, for each sub).

Well, due to the box requirements, I will have to try another brand sub then. Do the Sundown E's require any less airspace? As far as the Audiopipe TXX BD2'S go, I have heard decent things about them, but again, I have no clue what enclosure size that they would require either. I am going to attempt to put two 15's in my little Suzuki X-90. Total airspace I have is 7.12 ft (3.6 ft, for each sub).
Whats the depth x width x height do you have to work with? Tell me that and ill let you know what option is loudest for you

Hi Jeff, here is a quick drawing of the proposed speaker enclosure. Sorry it is so rough, I drew it up quickly on my tablet. Let me know what you come up with. I would prefer to go with two 15's (I actually have two cheap VM Audio SRF15'S....that only require 3.55 ft each, in a ported enclosure). I got them new for free, and could use those, until they blow up. Most people are saying to go with two tens, or two 12's, however, if I can get two 15's, or one 18 to work, I would rather do that. After all, if it is too much, I can always turn it down...lol. Let me know what you come up with.View attachment 26552495Thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just might do that. I was just trying to get the most cone area that I could, and did not want to end up being disappointed, and wishing I had gone with more. I am going to end up using Sundowns, SoundQubed, or something equivalent. I also figured I would use the VM Audio subs for now, until they blow up. I could just go with one 18, instead of two 15's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.