Just a little Advice on Amps remote vs the PAC LC1 line level controller

Participant count
  • Participant list

nyg052003

Senior VIP Member
Called Crescendo today and was told that the remote that comes with the amps don't totally defeat them and if I want to do so I'd be better off going with the PAC LC1 line level controller. I like the way I was able to totally defeat the sub if i wanted to and just listen to my Hi's. Not a total big deal but I think i would prefer total defeat vs just turning down the gain all the way which you would still hear the sub some. Now that might suffice for me but I won't know till I hook it up. Just wanting to get an idea of if you guys turn your remote all the way down does it sound pretty much like the sub is barely on or what?

Why not put a disable switch in-line with the remote turn-on signal going to the sub amp? Then you can totally kill the sub when you want if the remote knob doesn't get it quiet enough.

Why not put a disable switch in-line with the remote turn-on signal going to the sub amp? Then you can totally kill the sub when you want if the remote knob doesn't get it quiet enough.
I guess that would work also. I will consider that as well though I'd have to run 2 remote lines. I already have one running to the rear

Called Crescendo today and was told that the remote that comes with the amps don't totally defeat them and if I want to do so I'd be better off going with the PAC LC1 line level controller. I like the way I was able to totally defeat the sub if i wanted to and just listen to my Hi's. Not a total big deal but I think i would prefer total defeat vs just turning down the gain all the way which you would still hear the sub some. Now that might suffice for me but I won't know till I hook it up. Just wanting to get an idea of if you guys turn your remote all the way down does it sound pretty much like the sub is barely on or what?
I was worried about this too but my HU allows you to turn off the sub so it's a non issue for me. Something to think about if your ever HU shopping.

I was worried about this too but my HU allows you to turn off the sub so it's a non issue for me. Something to think about if your ever HU shopping.
I think my pioneer deh 610 or 650 BT will do it as well but I would like to have to not go in the menu to do it, especially with the newer radios and having to find stuff in the menu lol. But I will think about that as well. Buying the LC1 will also factor in unless I can get them to throw one in free. I saw it on ebay for about 10 bucks though

I think my pioneer deh 610 or 650 BT will do it as well but I would like to have to not go in the menu to do it, especially with the newer radios and having to find stuff in the menu lol. But I will think about that as well. Buying the LC1 will also factor in unless I can get them to throw one in free. I saw it on ebay for about 10 bucks though
i think ive heard on this forum that those remotes also introduce distortion as well. and then that lc1 is much better for the survival of your subs in the longrun

i think ive heard on this forum that those remotes also introduce distortion as well. and then that lc1 is much better for the survival of your subs in the longrun
Wowww. Distortion? Now I have to inquire more about that because I was told not to use my cadence plus 18 db per octave pre amp EQ because it would introduce distortion. It did what I wanted to do as far as totally defeating the sub though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif , had it in the car since 96.

v

Wowww. Distortion? Now I have to inquire more about that because I was told not to use my cadence plus 18 db per octave pre amp EQ because it would introduce distortion. It did what I wanted to do as far as totally defeating the sub though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif , had it in the car since 96. v
i dont even use my remote. after someone told me that i tossed it. and i honesty think it sounds better without it.

might be just a placebo effect. but im not wanting to ruin a pair of subs i paid almost 600 for

i dont even use my remote. after someone told me that i tossed it. and i honesty think it sounds better without it. might be just a placebo effect. but im not wanting to ruin a pair of subs i paid almost 600 for
I feel ya on that then if the distortion thing is true and proven lol.

maybe putting a toggle switch for subs in that regard might be the way to go but I still want a little more confirmation on the topic

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.