jl w7 13

well i dont wanna blow it so ill get a jl dealer to install it.

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

how would i go about paying someone that builds it on here for me

A JL Dealer is going to go off what JL recommends and call it good. People who build boxes on here and for competitions and sound quality have tweaked the designs to better them. You can get some blueprints off a box designer on here, go to home depot have them make the cuts, put it together and save tons of money while having it sound better.

I'm a huge fan of JL if you have the money but I think you can get top quality for a fraction of the price of a JL driver/amp.

thats what everybody says but as ive said its only certain subs sold around here and jl is at the top of the list and also i see many people exchanging subs out for what ever reason and i just wanna try jl out because like most people say they wouldnt buy it just because of price not performance because to me its like buying a mercedes or bmw you may pay a big price but in the long run it pays off and maybe when i purchase another vehicle maybe ill explore more and as far as boxes go i would like someone to build it for me not just someone who works for jl

thats what everybody says but as ive said its only certain subs sold around here and jl is at the top of the list and also i see many people exchanging subs out for what ever reason and i just wanna try jl out because like most people say they wouldnt buy it just because of price not performance because to me its like buying a mercedes or bmw you may pay a big price but in the long run it pays off and maybe when i purchase another vehicle maybe ill explore more and as far as boxes go i would like someone to build it for me not just someone who works for jl
I love JL... always have, but I'd take my Gcon's over my JL subs any day. My JL subs are in my girlfriends ride now and I haven't cared to ever go back to JL again. All I can say is... at least you're avoiding kicker, sony, dual, etc. I wouldn't ever say JL is like owning a Mercedes... tbh other brands do offer superior products. JL pays a lot for marketing, they can cover more stores because they are larger, and they've done a hell of a job making it look like they are the best.

well lol they market like its benz but ive had kickers before and they sounded nice in my vehicle since the music i like is what they are basically made for but i want a punchy one sub system that doesnt yank my stock electrical's heart out and i think the w7 13 can do it for me and ik ill get another vehicle where the system i desire will be one with lots of spl

well lol they market like its benz but ive had kickers before and they sounded nice in my vehicle since the music i like is what they are basically made for but i want a punchy one sub system that doesnt yank my stock electrical's heart out and i think the w7 13 can do it for me and ik ill get another vehicle where the system i desire will be one with lots of spl

A sub... any sub for that matter doesn't pull power from your electrical. Your amp pulls power.

You have an alternator... it puts out a certain amount of power for the electrical in your car (charge battery, run a/c, run stereo, windows, lights, etc) and then you have the battery which is stored power. Your amp pulls power from your batter which in turn gets it from the alternator. Your sub gets the power from the amp. It will never draw power from the amp... the amp will give the sub power depending on how efficient your amp is, is what determines whether you need electrical upgrades or not.

If you're looking for SPL and sound quality, you will likely want to put your money into a sub that will allow you to upgrade in the future. Purchase everything to make your electrical stout, look into a different sub and go from there.

still should do electrical upgrades....big 3 isn't a big deal....extra bat, same...not a big deal....
but if you just want to throw it into the trunk and bang, they do get loud on low power so 500-1000 rms would do nicely
SA-15 would do just as good on 500-1000rms

i know everything you said but im saying the higher the rms on the sub the bigger amp you need which equates into more pull from the electrical the jl will be fine in my car and in the future im probably not going to want another jl because basically this system is the one i want to stay in my car for the long haul and when i get another car ill just get somemore subs

i know everything you said but im saying the higher the rms on the sub the bigger amp you need which equates into more pull from the electrical the jl will be fine in my car and in the future im probably not going to want another jl because basically this system is the one i want to stay in my car for the long haul and when i get another car ill just get somemore subs
RMS rating isn't the only thing to take into consideration here though. You can put a sub that is rated for 1500rms on 1000rms.... it's not going to cause problems. Box, sensitivity, etc. all play a huge factor into what makes a sub sound good/loud. You don't need 10000000 watts.

JL is good, but I still stand by the fact that better can be had for the money.

And i understand your fact but my fact is jl is the best thats sold in my area so i mean if i stayed somewhere else then maybe me and you could be on the same page but we dont so you tell me out of jl,kicker,memphis,q power,pioneer,audio bahn,and fosgate which would you choose because word of mouth is good but actually hearing and experiences it is completely different but i would love to get a woofer with the same qualities as the jl but if i cant hear the others myself im not going to let somemone convince their is better to be had if i dont know for a fact so please people that comment please put yourself in my shoes. Not being rude just stating facts

And i understand your fact but my fact is jl is the best thats sold in my area so i mean if i stayed somewhere else then maybe me and you could be on the same page but we dont so you tell me out of jl,kicker,memphis,q power,pioneer,audio bahn,and fosgate which would you choose because word of mouth is good but actually hearing and experiences it is completely different but i would love to get a woofer with the same qualities as the jl but if i cant hear the others myself im not going to let somemone convince their is better to be had if i dont know for a fact so please people that comment please put yourself in my shoes. Not being rude just stating facts
Everyone commenting and posting on here, for the most part, is trying to just help you out man. Giving educational info and good advice. If you don't like the advice trying to be given why go out seeking it?

i didnt say i didnt like the advice my op was about the price of other sub setups compared to a jl setup. Let me ask you a question if you've never heard a sub before would you seriously purchase a sub you never heard before

See this all the time. What is better than this JL? Tons of responses given and all you want to do is be told that the JL is the best.

Either listen up or move on man.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

maxima boy14

10+ year member
maxima boy14
Shubuta,ms
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from