jl w7 13

So with that being said basically the forums i read the people that comment bad about the jl are mainly spl gurs who just take the price of the jl into consideration without adding in the cost of the other things that take to power the other woofers they drool over
Not at all. The W7 does not sound that good. The W6 does. You don't have to put 10000 watts to a 10000 watt sub for it to move. It may need some time to loosen up first but it will still have more output off 1000 watts the the W7. IF its a good sub

So since its a considered to be a sql woofer the 11 year design doesnt do it justice and have you owned a w7 before or are you just commenting off of what other people say because you seem to know what you're talking about but truthfully have you used the woofer before
Yes. W6 and W7s. Loved the 6s but not loud enough for what I was trying to do. Couldn't fit enough W7s to do it. I want a 150 db sound quality winning car. I got the wins just not the 150. .5 away from it

So with that being said basically the forums i read the people that comment bad about the jl are mainly spl gurs who just take the price of the jl into consideration without adding in the cost of the other things that take to power the other woofers they drool over
Look, you said 800$ for the JL.

SSA XCON 15 - 443$

XS Power D3100 (Best, Most expensive battery in the range) - 369.99

Big 3 should be done regardless, no need for any change in alternator @ 1700W.

Same price, better set-up, probably will hold much higher voltage.

Look, you said 800$ for the JL.
SSA XCON 15 - 443$

XS Power D3100 (Best, Most expensive battery in the range) - 369.99

Big 3 should be done regardless, no need for any change in alternator @ 1700W.

Same price, better set-up, probably will hold much higher voltage.

Don't forget about the new XS 7500. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

ok im glad you put that up there its a reason why i want a 13 inch or 12 inch sub i dont have the room for a 15 inch sub with a box built to max specs and i could get the jl for cheaper then that and would the ssa really sound better because i know the box would be alot bigger then for the 13 and what category would the woofer fit in sq or spl??

ok well you and me are after two different solutions i dont compete so 150 dbs isnt what im after and what good woofer would be better at 1000 rms because like i stated the ones people compare to it are 1500 rms and up and arent taking into account the price it takes to power those monsters and so you can better understand me this is going in my daily and idw be carrying around alot of weight and i drive a 2003 nissan maxima.

ok im glad you put that up there its a reason why i want a 13 inch or 12 inch sub i dont have the room for a 15 inch sub with a box built to max specs and i could get the jl for cheaper then that and would the ssa really sound better because i know the box would be alot bigger then for the 13 and what category would the woofer fit in sq or spl??
It's a daily driver sub. They do a bit of everything well. It all comes down to the box. Will it sound better? That's up to your ears. Also to get the 13 to really do work the box needs to be larger then JL recommends. The most impressive set I've been around, the box began life for DD 3515s. Two took up the entire back end of a PT cruiser with the seat out. I think it was getting close to 150 at the headrest.

ok well you and me are after two different solutions i dont compete so 150 dbs isnt what im after and what good woofer would be better at 1000 rms because like i stated the ones people compare to it are 1500 rms and up and arent taking into account the price it takes to power those monsters and so you can better understand me this is going in my daily and idw be carrying around alot of weight and i drive a 2003 nissan maxima.
SSA is a good place to start. Find a 2005 or older RE XXX. IDMAX, DC level 3s, DD2500 series.

just looked at the ssa 1700 rms i know that screams spl and ive looked at the re xxx and they way a ton and the DDs look cool but what subs do you run in your daily driver

The XCON speakers are designed for Daily listening, not SPL Competition. You said you already had a ZX 1500, They usually put out around 1700-1800 anyways if I remember right, an XCON 12 would make up for the slight difference in Cone area by being able to use all of the ZX1500's power instead of having to turn it down to accommodate for the W7's weaker power handling.

I will be running a ZCON 18 in my daily driver.

Box design is key when it comes to how a speaker sounds.

There are many more speakers that will take all of the power from the ZX much more easily than a W7.

Q12 - Fi Car Audio Store

just looked at the ssa 1700 rms i know that screams spl and ive looked at the re xxx and they way a ton and the DDs look cool but what subs do you run in your daily driver
My sig is up to date. Not the new XXX. The real one, original SQL sub. The one that started it all. IMO the ICON is a great sub and should make you very happy, SSA is not a SPL brand they just happen to get loud. Not to many real SPL only subs on the market, high power subs plus proper box tuning makes high numbers. If you are worried about box size go DC.

The XCON speakers are designed for Daily listening, not SPL Competition. You said you already had a ZX 1500, They usually put out around 1700-1800 anyways if I remember right, an XCON 12 would make up for the slight difference in Cone area by being able to use all of the ZX1500's power instead of having to turn it down to accommodate for the W7's weaker power handling.
I will be running a ZCON 18 in my daily driver.

Box design is key when it comes to how a speaker sounds.

There are many more speakers that will take all of the power from the ZX much more easily than a W7.

Q12 - Fi Car Audio Store
The W7 will need to be ran at 3 ohms. He would only get about 1000 watts at best from the ZX.

Ok idw sound anymore annoying but ive read forums that say its better to have to much power then not enough so with that being said my zx puts out a max of 1655 watts but ill look into the DCs since ive never heard of them

Ok idw sound anymore annoying but ive read forums that say its better to have to much power then not enough so with that being said my zx puts out a max of 1655 watts but ill look into the DCs since ive never heard of them
That's what it does on a test bench powering a resister with consent voltage. It will do rated but not much more in the car. But that's at 2 ohm, you can't wire any W7 to 2 ohm. Power is power, what happens when you turn the volume down?

another thing i dont like playing my music any louder then 20 and the 3 ohm jl would fall between 4 and 2 ohms which would probably be about 1100 to 1300 and wouldnt have to worry about it overheating and im not gettin the ae 13 the original one is 1000 rms which would be a good match and there arent any dc dealers around here so i wouldnt be able to hear one in a car which kinda ***** because the only subs that are mainly sold where i stay are kicker jl memphis and pioneer so basically its hard to just order something you never heard just like trying to buy a car you never driven

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

maxima boy14

10+ year member
maxima boy14
Shubuta,ms
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from