jl w7 13

fyi. pretty much everyone here was a noob like you at one point and only knew jl, kicker, RF, alpine. and everyone here took the recomendations they were givin and purchased a sub that wasnt the main stream, and they have never heard before. and they have never looked back. there is a reason why no one here runs that sh1t, because much better can be had. there are alot of subs in the 1krms range i would run way before a w7. for example. dc level 3, incriminator audio death row, b2 audio HN, tantric sounds md, ssa icon, sundown sa series. and there are many many more.
JL back in the day was really great and had good prices. They always held shows in this area and had drivers for super cheap. But... now days, yes, better can be had for a fraction of the cost.

JL use to run ****, so did Kicker and Fosgate. Now they care more about how clean their assembly line is and how advanced it is. They say you need special high-tech tools to recone their subs lol. Some believe that BS

got the kicker zx 1500 for the sub and the kicker 600.4 for mids and highs and ive read that focal has a pretty good component set or the jl and i want sum chest poundin bass that sounds good so i guess its down to dc lvl 4 12 or 15 or idmax 12 or any other non main stream sub that i think looks nice because some subs people recommend are flat out ugly

got the kicker zx 1500 for the sub and the kicker 600.4 for mids and highs and ive read that focal has a pretty good component set or the jl and i want sum chest poundin bass that sounds good so i guess its down to dc lvl 4 12 or 15 or idmax 12 or any other non main stream sub that i think looks nice because some subs people recommend are flat out ugly
Components... check out cdt or phd... focals low end line *****.. so unless you're going to unload the cash for the high end ones, don't bother. If you're up for learning... go active and buy everything seperate. Cheaper and better sound... big learning curve. Chest pounding bass? What kind of car is this going in? That will help us better

looks of the sub shouldnt be a big deciding factor....but if it is maybe you are geared more toward audiobahn CHROME FIRRREEEEEEEE or maybe a rockford T1 with its big heavy useless basket that looks OH SO COOLLL

2003 nissan maxima and what do yall think about the orion hcaa 12.2 or 15.2
One 15, in a big *** box, ported. Delete the rear speakers, and seal it all up really good. What kind of numbers do you want to hit? What's the overall goal? Just pounding bass? Louder than a buddy? How much space you willing to give up?

idc about numbers i dont compete

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

nah i just think some subs are ugly and its not a big factor

should have room for 2 12's in that trunk in a good ported box. 2 Sundown SA's off that amp would do well, should have punch and be plenty loud when you're in the mood for cranking it up.

For a single 12 I'd do a FI Q in a ported box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

maxima boy14

10+ year member
maxima boy14
Shubuta,ms
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from