jl w7 13

another thing i dont like playing my music any louder then 20 and the 3 ohm jl would fall between 4 and 2 ohms which would probably be about 1100 to 1300 and wouldnt have to worry about it overheating and im not gettin the ae 13 the original one is 1000 rms which would be a good match and there arent any dc dealers around here so i wouldnt be able to hear one in a car which kinda ***** because the only subs that are mainly sold where i stay are kicker jl memphis and pioneer so basically its hard to just order something you never heard just like trying to buy a car you never driven
If volume is no worry, get a w6, insane SQ, never heard anything better.

another thing i dont like playing my music any louder then 20 and the 3 ohm jl would fall between 4 and 2 ohms which would probably be about 1100 to 1300 and wouldnt have to worry about it overheating and im not gettin the ae 13 the original one is 1000 rms which would be a good match and there arent any dc dealers around here so i wouldnt be able to hear one in a car which kinda ***** because the only subs that are mainly sold where i stay are kicker jl memphis and pioneer so basically its hard to just order something you never heard just like trying to buy a car you never driven
See if there are car shows/bass offs near you. You will hear a lot of stuff you've never heard of. But judge the install before you judge the sound. A turd can sound good in the right hands. A diamond can look like a turd in the wrong hands. DON'T expect more then 1000 watts at 3 ohms. Where you set your volume is dependent on the gain setting on the amp. Volume raises the preout voltage going to the amp. You set the gain to match that. If you have 4 volt preouts and your volume goes to say 40, at 20 you could only get 2vs. You are wasting preout voltage. Raising floor noise

Step 1 would be to figure out if your alt can handle the sub you are getting as a DD. Once you know it can you need to do the big3.

If you can fit a 13 w7 in your car you can fit a better 12 or some 8's. Do you just want to hit lows all the time or you looking for a punchy bass line? Once you figure that out people can point you in the right direction.

i saw a show that was suppose to come in april so i might check it out but i just want a single punchy speaker that i dont have to turn up to 40 to get the punch out of it

well im strictly rap music period and if i get the chance to hear the icon or dc and like either then ill get one but if i dont ill just have to get the w7
W6. And it's all about the box. Don't get a prefab. To many really talented builders online to go that route. They will build a box for you and your taste. Better quality and design the 99% of the shops out there

Whether its the old 13w7 or new... They are the exact same other than basket colour and logo and both are rated 1500rms (jl suggests about 900-1200)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

maxima boy14

10+ year member
maxima boy14
Shubuta,ms
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from