Jl W0 vs Kicker L7

Nauc I have to ask...While that site is good for the information why do a subwoofer gain set with a 50hz? Everyone has been going to a 40hz for a long time now. Just being curious is all.

Also lots of us are now using tone generators via bluetooth that work flawlessly. Been doing mine that way since it came out and never an issue.

The TNT is a good design for what it is. It's just slapped together in China, I'm fairly sure on that one.

Oh it is Chinese made no doubt there like most of the AB subwoofers. But it is by far junk, did some research after that happen and it is a common thing with that subwoofer. I mean yeah a spider coming loose happens but when there is no residue idk on that one.

Also if you have a subsonic filter try to set it on the amplifier to 4-5hz less then the box's tuning. Being a prefab box most likely the tuning is just too high. A custom box for that subwoofer would probably waken it up a lot.

thays why I figured the L7 would serve my needs good being that it comes boxed and wired
L7 is a rip off. It gets outperformed by majority of the mid $100 subwoofers on the market and the box that comes with it is a cheap $60 box. You might think it's a good deal because it's all in one but in reality them charging $400 to $450 for the set is laughable

L7 is a rip off. It gets outperformed by majority of the mid $100 subwoofers on the market and the box that comes with it is a cheap $60 box. You might think it's a good deal because it's all in one but in reality them charging $400 to $450 for the set is laughable
So mastershake if had 400 to pay for a box and sub what should I buy?

So mastershake if had 400 to pay for a box and sub what should I buy?
American Bass Elite or RX, Soundqubed HDS2/HDS3, SSA Demon, FU 750.

Those are just 4 quick example. All 4 subs would give you $220-250 left in your budget to allow you to have a local shop custom make a box for you. Those 4 in a custom box would embarass the L7 with prefab box

American Bass Elite or RX, Soundqubed HDS2/HDS3, SSA Demon, FU 750.

Those are just 4 quick example. All 4 subs would give you $220-250 left in your budget to allow you to have a local shop custom make a box for you. Those 4 in a custom box would embarass the L7 with prefab box

Ok now if you had to choose 1 of those subs what are you buying?

Fi Xv'3 are still at 209 plus shipping and they should be taking orders soon. Those are 1000 watts rms and can be built with a second spider as well for free. They have been showing out of stock because of a ton of orders and they had a covid issue a few months back. But something else to consider as well. I looked at the FU 750 those are nice subwoofers for the price.

Personally out of those he picked I would be looking at the SSA Demon, the HDS3 and the FU 750. Have to look at each one and determine how it will work for you. Also depends on the music you listen to as well plus of course the box. A good design will make a world of difference you can pay someone to do it then take the design to your box builder or build it yourself if you have the tools. Also take a look at some youtube videos of each they are out there.

Ok now if you had to choose 1 of those subs what are you buying?
There all just lower mid-range mass produced China SPL subs. I personally would pick neither because i'm more of an SQ guy but there shouldn't be a huge difference between any of the 4.

Box building will be the biggest factor, you already have a solid amplifier and a good budget (if anything if I where you i'd be more inclined to pick a sub based on what the box builder is comfterable/experienced with)

Last edited:

L7's will get loud, but yeah, they're overpriced IMO, and they lack durability.

When people start putting L7 12's in 3 cubes and L7 15's in 5 cubes or so, then they'll understand how those subs actually work. Kicker square subs want huge boxes. People just don't get it, and Kicker pre-fabs are tiny. Putting a L7 12 in like 1.75 ported is like putting a 15 in 1.75 ported.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...