Jl W0 vs Kicker L7

They are different woofers so you will hear a difference but I doubt it’ll sound good. I absolutely despise L7’s personally. Sound like a loud fart to me.

L7 will be very loud in the right box, but the JL will be significantly more musical. L7 is more of a loud woofer, JL is one of the better SQ brands, expensive as it is.

what kind of sub and box will hit?
For the box your either going to have to build it yourself or have a local shop do it. Ever since Covid online boxes have gotten expensive (most ported 12 inch subs with good build quality are running at least $300).

In regards to sub for that RMS range (700) popular options for more SPL oriented will be things like american bass TNT/RX, SSA demon, DC level 2, Sundown SA Classic

For that power range but more SQ based (kinda like your JL, more natural response curve, lower distortiation, but slightly less output) you'd be looking at subs more like the Dayton Ultimax, IDQ, and Audio Dynamics 2212

Last edited:
American Bass TNT ***** as a SPL imho. Had a set of 10" not even broke in and the spider came right off part of it. Separated the rest of it and there was no glue residue you could see on it. After construction like that I wouldn't go near a TNT. Thankfully I can get thick CA Glue around here with hardener for 12 bucks since the one of the local companies is a huge balsa wood r/c maker and they use the same stuff.

The rest though are all good options. SSA Gcon is 950 RMS but like the Demon and Icon they can handle much more then that.

Yeah the TNT is for sure the most lowend of there catalog. I was mostly just listing entry level options since he gave no sub budget + box cost/labor might be more then he had hoped

dumb question, did you set your amp gain right?

heres how. the test tones are at the very bottom...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...