JL TW5 build log

i know im not the only person who has had no sounds at all for a while but i have to say it anyway
it ***** with having nothing.

i can deal without the bass if i have to but fvck its boring on longer drives.

good thing i can listen to radio or MP3 on the GPS i got from slam for a few days
its been 3 wks for me and it does ****.... went a month str8 one time:(

i know im not the only person who has had no sounds at all for a while but i have to say it anyway
it ***** with having nothing.

i can deal without the bass if i have to but fvck its boring on longer drives.

good thing i can listen to radio or MP3 on the GPS i got from slam for a few days
glad its coming in handy for u. it also has an fm modulator . it helped me when i was traveling long distance when i picked up my civic with no cd/mp3 player in it

glad its coming in handy for u. it also has an fm modulator . it helped me when i was traveling long distance when i picked up my civic with no cd/mp3 player in it
it is man. ive been out playing around with it all day like a little kid with a new toy

the one i heard was on a 500/1 and sounded greatrunning the 1000/1 to the pair im sure i will be just fine seeing as how im not going to be running them full tilt or anything.

the sole reason i got this stuff is to go to SQ while i still have hearing to listen to nice clean music.
i hear ya man. i'll be using a 500/1 to power mine also.

whenever I'm in the middle of a project, i just whip out my portable music system.

It's an old ass sony 2 channel amp and 2 6.5" speakers build in a 5/8th mdf little enclosure.

run 8 guage to the amp real quick and jam with that. Best little thing I ever put together, lets me listen to something while nothing is hooked up

whenever I'm in the middle of a project, i just whip out my portable music system.It's an old ass sony 2 channel amp and 2 6.5" speakers build in a 5/8th mdf little enclosure.

run 8 guage to the amp real quick and jam with that. Best little thing I ever put together, lets me listen to something while nothing is hooked up
yea ive got some old audiobahn 6.5s from before they went to complete sh.it

i thought about pulling the factory wires out of the doors and running them just to have something.

kmanian said he would have a different amp out to me today when he gets home from his trip

so hopefully tuesday or wed no worries.

i cant drive much right now anyway really soit hasnt been horrible yet.

i asked what's the min/max and they said to just run 300 watts. their power ratings are off a little, owners manual says 600 continuous but on that chart, that's in the danger zone. they said when they rolled out the new subs they were running 300 watts to each. as you can clearly see, minimum power is at the 100 watt mark.
that chart is way off. it's not even done by engineering, its put together by marketing. that sub takes 500 watts all day long.

that chart is way off. it's not even done by engineering, its put together by marketing. that sub takes 500 watts all day long.
I can verify this. I just got 2 13tw5's with a 1000/1 installed. It can take 500 each all day. I haven't turned it all the way, but I think it should be fine. System is so clean. Clean SQ as loud as you want it. This system rocks to be in a box this small.

I can verify this. I just got 2 13tw5's with a 1000/1 installed. It can take 500 each all day. I haven't turned it all the way, but I think it should be fine. System is so clean. Clean SQ as loud as you want it. This system rocks to be in a box this small.
they are 600rms and can take it as long as its clean

im trying to get this done before i have to go offline for a couple months to deal with my medical sh.it.

looks like surgery is finally around the corner thank god

im trying to get this done before i have to go offline for a couple months to deal with my medical sh.it.looks like surgery is finally around the corner thank god
Dude what ever your medical condition is I wish you all the best in your treatment and recovery.

Your system install is looking good:)

wow that's great to hear. good stuff now i really want one.

Dude what ever your medical condition is I wish you all the best in your treatment and recovery.
Your system install is looking good:)
thanks man

2 of the 3 surgeries i need are

a fusion on my lower spine

and

brain to deal with a cyst my doctor found on my brain in Dec.

this is from an injury in the army in 2005 that they say never happened

go figure huh

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.