JL Audio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

youre not getting the 13w3s for 200 unless you got the 12s for free....so add your initial investment you have in the 12s to the 200 for the 13w3s and i bet you are getting jacked, because thats all sound advice knows how to do....RIP YA OFF

yo i just went to Sound Advice. I've decided to get rid of my 2 12''w3v3's. Since i bought from sound advice i get to upgrade for free, so this waht im going to do..
Ima get 2 13''w3v3's for a lil less than $200!!

Im going to keep the same box for now. They are going to just shave off the part of the holes they dont need to make the 13's fit. When i get more money, i'll upgrade the box and buy another 500 watt amp. I figured if i can get two new 13's ima do them when its that cheap. Just 1 500 watt amp is underpowering them, but it will hit deeper than what i have right now so its worth it.

Sound Advice rules

let me get this right.

you traded 2 12''w3v3's for 2 13''w3v3's for $200??

thats not a lot of improvement for $200

let me get this right.
you traded 2 12''w3v3's for 2 13''w3v3's for $200??

thats not a lot of improvement for $200
i didnt do it yet, and it's less than $200. im tellin u guys its going to hit deeper with the 2 13''w3v3's.

The JL Audio 15'' caps off at the v2's. The 13''w3v3 hits lower and louder than the 15w3v2's.

Also, upgrading to w6's would just be way too much money. It would cost around $400 to do that. Once you get w6's you want to get a better box as well, so then i would have to replace the box, plus i would have to get more amp power, and 2 new car batteries.

I know i've spent a lot of $$ at Sound Advice, probably like 3x at least what some other people spend on some off brand subwoofers. But i will tell you from first hand experience, that everyone i know compliments my subwoofers, and no one elses subwoofers i've heard sound as good as the JL subwoofers in my opinion.

And no im not thinking that 10'' is a lil deep, 12'' is a lil deeper, and 15'' is a lot deeper. I just know that 2 13''w3v3 will hit deeper than a 15''w3v2.

Also, im a brand guy. I dont care if i have to spend more money to have the name brand. I dont buy off brand of anything. It gives you status you could say, and im willin to pay for it.

I tried to reply to a lot of people in that post.

Do you guys really not think its a good idea?? i think it would be pimp.

(p.s., i just downloaded the Hood Figga song and it doesnt hit that good. did i just get a bad version or is it like that for everyone??)

Sound Advice in Sarasota? Next time your there, look at theyre book on the installs they did. Look for my wifes 03' Eclipse (black) and 03' Blazer Xtreme (red) both of them were done there, and both have well over 6 grand in each.

Also, if buying JL gives you status, exactly what crowd are you running with? Your the "top dog" now cuz you buy what everyone and theyre grandmother has? Not exactly status your getting, more like... Statistic //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Sound Advice in Sarasota? Next time your there, look at theyre book on the installs they did. Look for my wifes 03' Eclipse (black) and 03' Blazer Xtreme (red) both of them were done there, and both have well over 6 grand in each.

Also, if buying JL gives you status, exactly what crowd are you running with? Your the "top dog" now cuz you buy what everyone and theyre grandmother has? Not exactly status your getting, more like... Statistic //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
sound advice in fort myers. and i didnt mean status like that. i meant like, you get more respect and confirmation when someone asks what brand subwoofer you have and u tell them JL (or there are other good brands out there to name as well, such as kicker, MTX pretty good, and so is JBL) than if u just tell them some brand that no one has ever heard of.

Again, 10 bucks says I can get "Lower" and Louder than a pair of 13w3v3's for the price you're gonna pay to upgrade. How much, might I ask, do you have in the 12w3's already?

sound advice in fort myers. and i didnt mean status like that. i meant like, you get more respect and confirmation when someone asks what brand subwoofer you have and u tell them JL (or there are other good brands out there to name as well, such as kicker, MTX pretty good, and so is JBL) than if u just tell them some brand that no one has ever heard of.
But, if they've never heard of the brand, and then you blow them away, then they're gonna respect you more.

so your in it so you can try and "wow" people? jesus. kids these days :smh:

But, if they've never heard of the brand, and then you blow them away, then they're gonna respect you more.
lol, in a way i guess..

i paid a lot. a lil less than $1400. but das with like a 3 year warranty too.

then you're not so bright either if you think spending $30 on some dude to cut your speaker holes out 1" more is a better idea.
All I'm saying is that a shop is there to make some money. They have rent, payroll, utilities, insurance, inventory costs, etc.

They have to make money somehow. Put yourself in an owner of a B&M's shoes, that's all. They're there for the DIY inept. It's a service. Would you work for free??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.