JL Audio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Once again, nobody realizes how much the box configuration means, not just the woofer.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

im still a bit confused about the change from a 12" w3 to a 13" w3, but whatever //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

whats ur question? ill answer it for you.

what? all you people saying bad idea and rip off. ya right!

listen i just talked to one of my friends and i can get rid of my box, then Sound Advice going to make me a new box for the 13''s. It's going to hit a lot deeper, and once i get enough money i'll put another 500/1 watt on there and it'll be louder. With the same amp tho, these new subwoofers will hit deeper.

If i cant get rid of the box, they will just make the holes bigger, and it will only cost me $30. then when i get enough $ for a new box, they wont charge me to reinstall the subwoofers in the new box and ill just be charged for the new box.

U guys seriously think its a bad idea?? for $200 i can have 2 13'' w3v3's, which would be TIGHT

Once again, nobody realizes how much the box configuration means, not just the woofer.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif
i do understand, but if i have only enough for the subwoofers, and cant get rid of the box, then i'll just deal with them in a smaller box until the $ comes around.

They're charging u $30 just to route out the holes a little bigger? OMG they will install the subwoofers in the new box for free. Holy crap cause that's so hard and doesn't only take 5 minutes.

They're charging u $30 just to route out the holes a little bigger? OMG they will install the subwoofers in the new box for free. Holy crap cause that's so hard and doesn't only take 5 minutes.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rotflol.gif.b453361716769b8110ddefc85ff03cd2.gif

$30 will buy you a jigsaw at walmart which will provide a lifetime of being less of a dumbass and doing the work yourself.

moving up an inch is goin to make it hit deeper........who told you that or your just guessing

You could make those 12s hit as deep as you want right now...i guess you still have the thinking or 10s dont hit low,12 get a lil better and 15s hit the lowest?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rotflol.gif.b453361716769b8110ddefc85ff03cd2.gif
$30 will buy you a jigsaw at walmart which will provide a lifetime of being less of a dumbass and doing the work yourself.
Like he isn't already a dumbass switching from small to a little bigger subs of the same brand. I don't understand these young 'uns......once they hear a certain brand sub, they absolutely refuse to switch brands.....afraid I bet. *****.

I think buying a $30 jigsaw at Walmart makes one more of a dumbass

then you're not so bright either if you think spending $30 on some dude to cut your speaker holes out 1" more is a better idea.

as far as all the comments concerning "deeper" with another 1" of surface area are ludicrous. All subwoofers put out generally the same band of fequencies - its up to you what you do with them. There are main factors that contribute to the sound YOU want or think you want.

1. Driver electromechanical design

2. Power supplied to the driver at least to the RMS rating

3. Signal filtration (IE:xover point and subsonic filtering)

4. Enclosure design

5. General cabin acoustics

if you think that 1" of surface area is going to make a big difference - then your absolutely right ......that is if you have the termlab out measuring the output in 10th's of a db. Otherwise, NO //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

hope you take the advice to heart, and dont think im flaming you.

what? all you people saying bad idea and rip off. ya right!
listen i just talked to one of my friends and i can get rid of my box, then Sound Advice going to make me a new box for the 13''s. It's going to hit a lot deeper, and once i get enough money i'll put another 500/1 watt on there and it'll be louder. With the same amp tho, these new subwoofers will hit deeper.

If i cant get rid of the box, they will just make the holes bigger, and it will only cost me $30. then when i get enough $ for a new box, they wont charge me to reinstall the subwoofers in the new box and ill just be charged for the new box.

U guys seriously think its a bad idea?? for $200 i can have 2 13'' w3v3's, which would be TIGHT
eye dee ten tee

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.