Suggestions for my Eclipse GT setup

Participant count
  • Participant list

00EclipseGT
10+ year member

NC
Hey everyone, I was referred to this site at a Club 3G meet.

I have a '03 Eclipse GT hence my screen name. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif To get to the point. I learned there are different types of setups: SQ and SPL. I love crazy loud deep bass.

Heres the car:

6upfl2h.jpg

I have 2K for my budget. I have no Idea what to choose, choices are endless. The budget is for eveything! HU and all. I HATE trunk rattle, I already have a HushMat bulk kit in my room which will be put in this weekend. I'm hoping some of you guys can put together something for me and I can choose one. Thanks for reading my BS. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/redface.gif.62fdbfe1a101588a808c4cff71bcb942.gif

so what do you want sq sql or spl? I would recommend

HU

set of components

component amp----preferably 4 channel

probably 1 or 2 12's ported maybe 1 15 ported since you dont have too much space

mono amplifier

I'm going with SPL, going to try something new. I was thinking the same thing Trey about 2 12's or one 15. I want to try an SPL woofer like this one:
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=5787

Or would it be stupid to have one of these for music.
I don't think you need all that back there to get loud! Is this gonna be a competitive car or somthing, or do you want to just be a loud DD(Daily driver?)

I am not in SPL anymore, but for the money that you have you just wasted 700 bucks on that speaker when I am sure you can do better than that and will cost you a lot less in my honest opinion.

I don't think you need all that back there to get loud! Is this gonna be a competitive car or somthing, or do you want to just be a loud DD(Daily driver?)
I am not in SPL anymore, but for the money that you have you just wasted 700 bucks on that speaker when I am sure you can do better than that and will cost you a lot less in my honest opinion.
Loud is exactly what I want. I might get into bassrace.. dunno yet I just want a loud DD and I'll be happy. What other subs do you know of that I can do better with?

Loud is exactly what I want. I might get into bassrace.. dunno yet I just want a loud DD and I'll be happy. What other subs do you know of that I can do better with?
If you want to save some money, I have heard nothing but good things on those Mach 5 SPL subs. They are new, but look beefy and can be had at 350 IIRC. The XXX's are up there along with the BTL's by Fi. There are a ton of other options out there for a lot less. Don't forget your gonna want a good deck, sub amp, highs amp and upgraded electrical. 2000 bucks can go fast, trust me!

Soundstream makes some nice products but getting 8500 watts to it wont be easy or cheap. I would set a realistic goal of less than 2000rms any more than that and your gonna need a new alternator for sure. FI BTL's make great spl subwoofers and I belive they are 2000 rms. I say 2000 because getting up to this many watts isnt too hard but going past it and your just going to have to worry a lot more about a whole list of things

I looked and I'm pretty sure I do, I saw a guy with a 18" Solo X in a car like mine on Termpro. I haven't ordered the sub yet, I'm still deciding... I want loud DEEP! bass with some awesome lows.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.