JL Audio W3v3's?

These are very good subs, pretty much shares a similar cone as the W7 but stucture is that of the w3v2. I have no idea why they made it a SVC no felxibility, although it does come in a single 2 ohm version which is nice but it handles the same amount rms wattage as the W3v2. All in all I have not tested the woofer but have seen them perform they impressed me but i dont think there that much of an upgrade over the W3v2s besides the cone and alot pricer, they do have more ability for more output spl wise but imo sound quality was not as good as the w3v2 but once I get some on hand which I should I will let you know soon it might of just been his install.

a friend of mine had the older v2's and also had type r's he told me the w3v3's blow the v2's out of the water they are louder and sound a lil better..and compared to type r's he said his type r was louder but the w3 sounded better.

right now Planet Hi-Fi, (Sponser of CA.com) has the 10w3v3 for $126 and 12w3v3 for $136

this is cheaper then ebay by about $50...

daym if i only saw this before i bought my tsw3000spl's...

link to planet hi-fi? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Heard them both, sold them both, v3s are without a doubt better in every aspect. Just did a car with 2 10 v3s in them, and it sounded great. Good low end extension, output was pretty good aswell.

just purchased a 12w3v3 off planet hi-fi for $155.94 shipped to my door.. thanks to DueceLee for providing the site //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

yep. I had two 12v3v3's for about 3 months. They sounded awesome. Louder and clearer and more respondsive than any other system I was put up ageinst on the "streets"

Ran them off an Alpine MRD-1005

now I upgraded to a 12w7 H.O. Box with a 500/1

love that even more. lol

yep. I had two 12v3v3's for about 3 months. They sounded awesome. Louder and clearer and more respondsive than any other system I was put up ageinst on the "streets"
Ran them off an Alpine MRD-1005

now I upgraded to a 12w7 H.O. Box with a 500/1

love that even more. lol
how much power were you putting into each of the w3v3's? im planning on hooking up my 1 12w3v3 with a hifonics TXI7506.. itll be putting out 1 x 325-Watts RMS @ 4-Ohms.. think thats safe to do?

and damm nice upgrade... w7 = serious bass:D

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.