Jl Audio Or Zapco

mcjas63
10+ year member

ok fellas i need help, i will be pushing 2 orion h2 15", now my question is, which one is better 2 jl audio 1000.1 or 2 zapco ref. 1100.1. which is a better amp, i am going for sound quality and at the same time spl HELP PLEASE.

Whichever has more power. Amps don't have SQ IMO. Although that 1000/1 in not very efficient for a class D, it still might serve your electrical system better. If you buy Zapco unauthorized make sure it has the serials intact otherwise Zapco will not touch it if you ever have a problem.

dude i have a zapco 1100.1 and it kicks ass....

the zapco will typically give about 900w at 4 and 1300 at 2ohms btw....

usually well underrated... i dunno bout the jls but the amps used in pushin other guys stuff did not impress me....

zapco has always had great sq...

as far as spl...both amps push a good lil chunk of change..........

BUT the box is more important than anything else just about when you want loud and clean...

I think JL's are very efficient!? I love mine and does 1000 watts steady!
-Nick-
you need to talk to this kid down the street from my house and explain to him than that the new 1000/1 he got was NOT the reason he drained his car...but he did not upgrade any of his electrical which is obviously a must....at 1k w most ppl would think atleast..but not him or the guys at car toys...

I think JL's are very efficient!? I love mine and does 1000 watts steady!
-Nick-
If it's anything like the 500/1...it's has pretty poor efficiency for a PWM amp.

The only performance shortcoming appears to be efficiency. At 1/3 of its maximum output, the 500/1 measured 57 percent efficient, which is somewhat lower than the rest of the class D units that we’ve seen to date. In addition, the efficiency remains in the mid 50’s all the way to full output rather than increasing to the 80-percent-plus that we’ve seen in other units. The result is an amp with efficiency that’s about 30 percent better than a class A/B unit at 1/3 output and roughly equal at full output. Efficiency is the main advantage to class D amplification, but this amp is likely small enough to get away with compromising a bit.

500/1 tested efficiency @ 1/3 Maximum Power: 57%

http://www.carsound.com/reviews/amps/jl_5001.html

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.