Jl audio jx 500/1d keeps going to protect mode

cesarortiz

You guys so I finally put my littl set up on my 1 series and for some reason my amp keeps going on protect mode

It keeps shutting off my woofer

what can it be

My w6 is too much for the amp ?

I have a w6 v3

And I have it at 2 ohms

And the amp says 200 is at 500 watts so what can it be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You guys so I finally put my littl set up on my 1 series and for some reason my amp keeps going on protect mode
It keeps shutting off my woofer

what can it be

My w6 is too much for the amp ?

I have a w6 v3

And I have it at 2 ohms

And the amp says 200 is at 500 watts so what can it be?

It could be that your amp can't supply what the sub is asking for.
Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

Check ground wire.Make sure it's bare metal to meatl

Gain setting too high. If so, correct it properly.

Make sure your actually giving the amp a 2 ohm final impedance ohm load and not something lower, Yes it does happen, accident occasions.

Check ground wire.Make sure it's bare metal to meatlGain setting too high. If so, correct it properly.

Make sure your actually giving the amp a 2 ohm final impedance ohm load and not something lower, Yes it does happen, accident occasions.
So I was told that my car isn't giving the amp enough voltage to keep the amp on

It keeps going to protect mode because I guess there isn't enough voltage going to the amp

They said the amp needs 14 volts

Is this true

They told me a capacitor will solve the problem

Not many use capacitors any more. Look at doing the big 3 upgrade and getting a better battery (optima or something similar). Your car must have a pretty small alternator. You could replace that but there are more likely cheaper fixes.

Not many use capacitors any more. Look at doing the big 3 upgrade and getting a better battery (optima or something similar). Your car must have a pretty small alternator. You could replace that but there are more likely cheaper fixes.
Right now I'm trying out a 1200 rocketfosgate amp and that one won't turn off

But they say that only jl are the brand that is real delicate about voltage

What if I get a new battery and it still turns off lol

Then what can it be

Also what I notice is that the amp gets way tooo hot

Is that normal

So I was told that my car isn't giving the amp enough voltage to keep the amp on
It keeps going to protect mode because I guess there isn't enough voltage going to the amp

They said the amp needs 14 volts

Is this true

They told me a capacitor will solve the problem

14 volts to run an amp??? Wonder if they mean for the actual vehicle to be @ 14.4 for the amp to function properly. That amp's voltage runs anywhere from 2-10 voltage, depending upon your HU voltage range.

Sounds like your electrical isn't up to par. Also....do the big 3....it will help out A LOT.

Gawd no...phuck Optima. They aren't what they used to be years ago. Quality is **** now, and they are overpriced. Not to mention they now made in Mexico. They don't last as long either as compared to other batteries.

I'd look into batteries such as Interstate, XS, Duracell, Diehard, Juicebox,

14 volts to run an amp??? Wonder if they mean for the actual vehicle to be @ 14.4 for the amp to function properly. That amp's voltage runs anywhere from 2-10 voltage, depending upon your HU voltage range.
Sounds like your electrical isn't up to par. Also....do the big 3....it will help out A LOT.
So I'm reading the manual on the amp

And it says recommended fuse is 50a

I have a 60a can that be the problem ?

Or that doesn't mean anything

So I'm reading the manual on the amp
And it says recommended fuse is 50 amp

I have a 60 amp can that be the problem ?

Or that doesn't mean anything

That's just your inline fuse....since the amp doesn't have any on board. Meaning, on the side of the amp. Some amps come fused. I don't think 60 would hurt it use it for now then when the time comes, switch over to the recommended 50 because you don't wanna overdriver the amp just in case, or even blow it/ruin it. 50 is just it's maximum amperage draw.

That's just your inline fuse....since the amp doesn't have any on board. Meaning, on the side of the amp. Some amps come fused. I don't think 60 would hurt it use it for now then when the time comes, switch over to the recommended 50 because you don't wanna overdriver the amp just in case, or even blow it/ruin it. 50 is just it's maximum amperage draw.
Do you think that's maybe the reason why the amp is wayy tooooo hot.

or maybe that's the reason why it keeps going to protect mode

I'm just a bit confused

Right now I am running another amp and it doesn't turn off

I run the jl and it turns off

But then I ran the jl amp on another car and it worked great so I'm confused

Getting hot is clipping (over driving the amp) impedance to low or bad power/ground. A bad connection anywhere in the system will cause it. From the battery to the fuse to the input or ground.

Getting hot is clipping (over driving the amp) impedance to low or bad power/ground. A bad connection anywhere in the system will cause it. From the battery to the fuse to the input or ground.

Ok the signal is coming from a converter

The signal is coming from a stock subwoofer from my bmw 1 series

Is it that the signal is too strong that's one question

Now we tapped the back speaker just to see if it was the signal being too strong

But it was the exact same thing it keeps going to protected mode when it's played loud.

now the amp is rated to push 500 watts at 2 ohm

My speaker is at 2 ohm

500 watts should be perfect to push a w6

Is not like I want the speaker to give the most craziest bass

I just wanted something decent but

Man this problem is getting me upset lol

can it be the converter that's bad ?

Or maybe the guy got the wrong cables from the wooffer ?

Take that JL and have it bench tested at a trusted audio shop.Talk to the manager or ? and let them know whats going on..They may charge like $20 bucks, but most will charge nothing at all.That will be the first to rule out if its not the amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

cesarortiz

cesarortiz
Los Angeles
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
cesarortiz