Jl audio jx 500/1d keeps going to protect mode

Was just about to say either a bad/dead battery or alt is going bad which charges your battery.

Audiobaun hit the nail on the head. Check battery with DMM while car is running and see what you get.

Some amps on the market are pretty picky if the voltage isn't enough to run/drive the amp, it'll just shut off or go into protect. Other amps don't seem to mind it. you happen to be the lucky one to buy an amp that's "picky". Just another protection for the amp.

You have a dead battery and should probably replace it because it's leading to voltage drop that sends the amp into protect mode.
Yeah that's going to be the conclusion to this problem

The battery voltage

When the car is on what voltage does it need to be ?

once I finished charging it for 2 hours

It said 13.7 at the battery terminals

and 15 min later the voltage was at 12.5

Is that normal ? Car shut off completely nothing running at all everything off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car running should be 14.4 If it's not that after a little bit of running, there's a problem.

Car off, not running is 12.5 so yes that's normal.

Car running should be 14.4 If it's not that after a little bit of running, there's a problem.
Car off, not running is 12.5 so yes that's normal.
Well I have been using my car all day today with music and the amp hasn't turned off yet

So idk I hope it doesn't turn off anymore

I need an amp or my 4 speakers up front they sound horrible man lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.