JL Audio HD or Slash 1200

how do i set this tune on a JL HD 1200. Do I do the following? Whats the difference between 12db and 24db on filter slope.
Set Filter Mode on LP

Filter Slope on 12db

Filter Freq around 80 hertz

Infrasonic Filter Off im guessing or leave it on at 30hertz?
is jl your only options? i know shipping can be an issue.. but what about us acoustic 1500d, twisted sounds 1.3k, orion xtr 1000 should do 1350 or so just to name a few.. or u just trying to stay with 1 brand?

My sub is wired at 3ohms. Unless you have a amp that does 1200RMS at 3ohms Im getting the JL Audio HD probably
If you go with the HD then you'll want to use a pair of these as well:

https://www.parts-express.com/harrison-labs-fmod-inline-crossover-pair-20-hz-high-pass-rca--266-246

These will provide a 20hz high-pass (same as subsonic filter) @12db per octave. They are used in-line between the RCA's and the input of the HD amp. You would turn the 30hz@24db fixed SS OFF on the amp itself. If you go with the Slash then you will use it's built-in variable SS filter.

This is assuming you're going with a ported box. If going sealed then no SS is needed and would be turned OFF on either amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.