Hate getting ghosted...

bigblank69
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Eureka, MO
Sigh... I honestly am sick of this and is exactly why I am tired of holding things for people.

Just got ghosted again, working a deal on an Amp for someone, they say how badly they want it and for me to hold till they get paid. Me being a sucker always agree because I'm willing to help people out when money is tight. I turn other offers down because I believe in the buyer.

Day comes they said they can pay... No word from buyer. I text asking if they are still in.. No response... Text again the next day, ask politely to reply even if they are no longer interested so I can move on to another buyer... No response. Ghosted

Seriously why do people become such a p uss when they are backing out, be a man say sorry unable to do the deal and move on. I can respect honesty, can't respect being ghosted. In the end I already have a back up deal ready to go, but this still pisses me off.

Anything forsale should be first come first serve. No hold items for people without a non refundable fee to hold the item which should be a fee of 25% of the total item value

Usually I do not hold, but got blasted last time I did that by a buyer for not holding a boat amplifier, an he made such a stink about it he actually hurt a sale of a different amp I was selling.

I swear you can't win. I only say I want to buy something if I have cash ready to go and pay instantly, but I feel like I am in the minority.

guy here would probably get that 1500 from u soon but i think 1300rms @2 ohm maybe too much power for a sa12? if ya'll think it can handle it i'll tell him to get with u..

I simply ask for a small, non-refundable deposit sent as a gift via PP. Like $10-$20 depending on what it is. That'll let me know that they are serious. If they can't come up with that then they really shouldn't be buying any type of car audio in the first place.

If they get offended and refuse a deposit then chances are it was never going to happen and you saved yourself some hassle.

I'm in a similar situation. Got a cheap JL sub 8" in a ported box, asking 50 bucks. Many replies/emails pour in but as soon as I reply back, I no longer hear from them. Like wtf people? Just wasting your time and mine??!? Couple things come to mind: "Time wasters" aka tire kickers. They're not really interested moreover trying to get your hopes up. Lowball offers or even say they "only" have 10-20 bucks less than your asking price....which is BS imo. CL has been a hit and miss for me. This year was the worst for me so far. I've sold numerous items before in the past.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.