Digital sound processor installation

Participant count
  • Participant list

stay_high
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Florida
So I just got a 2017 Mazda 6 with the stock bose system. Has the center speaker and factory amp under the seat. If I want to add a sub and amp is the audison bit 10 DSP all I need to do this or do I need a loc as well? Does the DSP replaces the factory amp? Just a little confused and can't find a lot of info on how exactly to install them

Most DSPs take high level inputs. Only a few DSPs have built in amps.

Only a few DSPs will run a center channel.
So then I would take the high level inputs from the factory amp and hook them up to the DSP? So I could no longer use the factory amp?

You will need a factory integration processor DSP such as the JL FIX 82 or FIX 86 or similar like the Rockford 360 that can take speaker level inputs, flatten the factory EQ and time alignment, and output a flat clean signal that you can work with to your amps or other DSP.

You can use one of those PAC LOC units to make hooking up the high level inputs plug and play on most radios (not completely sure about yours) and just not actually use the PAC LOC. this way you don't have to cut any factory wires.

BTW, did Mazda finally address the issue where the songs on an iPod or iPhone start at the same song every time you restart the car and also take forever to load. I own a 2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring and still have the factory radio for now. My brother in law has a Mazda 6 with the Bose system and his has the same issue as mine.

You will need a factory integration processor DSP such as the JL FIX 82 or FIX 86 or similar like the Rockford 360 that can take speaker level inputs, flatten the factory EQ and time alignment, and output a flat clean signal that you can work with to your amps or other DSP.
You can use one of those PAC LOC units to make hooking up the high level inputs plug and play on most radios (not completely sure about yours) and just not actually use the PAC LOC. this way you don't have to cut any factory wires.

BTW, did Mazda finally address the issue where the songs on an iPod or iPhone start at the same song every time you restart the car and also take forever to load. I own a 2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring and still have the factory radio for now. My brother in law has a Mazda 6 with the Bose system and his has the same issue as mine.
I still don't get it lol, I just want a sub and amp and to keep the bose speakers. So if I got a DSP then I would have to get another amp to replace the factory one to run the bose speakers off or what?

I still don't get it lol, I just want a sub and amp and to keep the bose speakers. So if I got a DSP then I would have to get another amp to replace the factory one to run the bose speakers off or what?
If that’s all you want you don’t need a DSP. DSP is for full system tuning.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.