jl audio 8" w3 subwoofer

dmoney68m8
10+ year member

tampa
found one at a local pawn shop for like 60 bucks,i know they go for 200 retail but this one is used obviously and can't be certain of the condition it's in also i have no real use for it at the moment but is it worth snatching up for that price?

i might go ahead and buy it cus i'd like to add it to the 2 12" jl's i already have in my trunk and put this one in between my rear kick panels somehow but i'm on the fence about it because i haven't even got a decent set of components for my front yet

i might go ahead and buy it cus i'd like to add it to the 2 12" jl's i already have in my trunk and put this one in between my rear kick panels somehow but i'm on the fence about it because i haven't even got a decent set of components for my front yet
why would u wanna do that?

just to have it but i came across 2 10's for free from my dads old house stereo so i plan on putting them behind my seats in the rear kicks and tuning them to be a little higher then the 2 12's i'd like to eventually just have sh*t loads of speakers at all diff. frequencies to hopefully get a better full range in my system but i'm sure positioning them will be just as much as a problem as tuning them, still i just want to experiment with diff. things in my car when i get the chance

just to have it but i came across 2 10's for free from my dads old house stereo so i plan on putting them behind my seats in the rear kicks and tuning them to be a little higher then the 2 12's i'd like to eventually just have sh*t loads of speakers at all diff. frequencies to hopefully get a better full range in my system but i'm sure positioning them will be just as much as a problem as tuning them, still i just want to experiment with diff. things in my car when i get the chance
oh god!

Facepalming this poast doesnt do it justice

well i'm sorry i'm new to the whole car audio thing...well actually audio period and like i said i'm just trying to experiment with speakers in diff. ways and i'm trying to learn about audio but idk a lot about it at the moment so please forgive me for any ignorance

being in tampa there are MANY people who can help you.. jump on flspl if you haven't yet.. you can find a bunch of local people to help you in your needs.. I can help if needed.. please don't run a bunch of different speakers all over the place.. your subs should cover 25hz-80hz mids depending on which ones should cover 80hz-3500hz(this is where the mid tweet combo varies the specs) and the tweets pick up the rest.. you don't need a bunch of speakers for a bunch of frequencies.. at MOST 4 different types of speakers.. Sub midbass mids tweeters.. a good component set will have the mids and midbass covered.. high end can get into 3way but being new stick to 2 way components until you get the hang of it.. on and off axis is probably the farthest you should go until you learn some more..

well i'm sorry i'm new to the whole car audio thing...well actually audio period and like i said i'm just trying to experiment with speakers in diff. ways and i'm trying to learn about audio but idk a lot about it at the moment so please forgive me for any ignorance
Who built your current box? I have seen something similar come from the Audio Itch.

Who built your current box? I have seen something similar come from the Audio Itch.

i'm not sure i bought the two subs and an amp from a kid at my school

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.