Loud system

Ryandoe11

Hey! Seeking out to this forum to see what you guys can do for me. Ive been searching and buying equipment that has been refeered to me for a very loud system. But over $1000 later and several shops later im stuck with 2 12" alpine type rs w/ a 1000w soundstream amp and its not nearly as loud as id hope it would be... A friend suggested getting another amp, one for each sub... Wtf am i doing wrong?! I want something that i dont wana turn up all the way, someone know what theyre talking about for once??

Last edited by a moderator:
**** the shops they have not helped you so far. Get either new subs and definitely a new box. Make sure to get a custom box designed around your subs two type r's can get decently loud in the right box with the right amp. I believe someone on here is selling a 1200 sundown amp that would be better fitting to those subs. GL and welcome to the forum.

Nicee! This sounds very promissing... I feel stupid for going to all these little shops, if only you guys knew how many stores ive gone too for this noone understands the term LOUD, haha but anyways il get pics up in a bit!

Nicee! This sounds very promissing... I feel stupid for going to all these little shops, if only you guys knew how many stores ive gone too for this noone understands the term LOUD, haha but anyways il get pics up in a bit!
Most shops don't know loud when I came to one to get something done by them with my dc xl they almost **** their pants when they played music on it. Anyways depending on your cars alt this amp http://www.caraudio.com/forums/amplifier-classifieds/521189-elevation-dx-1500-1-a.html will work good you might need a small battery though.

well i cant speak for the shops you went to but not all shops are just about setting up "loud" systems. The shop ive gone to for years doesnt do comps because then people think "oh well i spent this much money i should xxxDB's loud. Anyways tho they shouldve definately been able to set you up.

Which model Type R's do you have? They can get loud but ive never been impressed with the ones ive had. And by loud what exactly are you looking for? To compete or just have something your neighbors will want to call the police on? Either way id post those up for sale and we can get you some better stuff.

Or try having a custom box built first and see how that helps ya.

Bump... Just added pics! What if I were to add another amp, one for each speaker? Or should I just worry about the box first??
Those shops really took advantage of you that is a ****** prefab box you want a custom ported. That amp is alright,that is definitely not a 1k setup. Wiring looks good and looks quality also like that they have a second battery. Defintely look into the amp I suggested you and for sure you need a new box. There are plenty of people on here that can make you a box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.