Jl Audio 10W6V2 help

I bought 2 10 inch w6v2 and I blew them. I thought they would be able to handle some power because they're great subs. I've been searching for rebuild kits for them all over but have come up with nothing. Does anyone know of a place that sells these or makes their own kits that will work? All help or suggestions are much appreciated!

I bought 2 10 inch w6v2 and I blew them. I thought they would be able to handle some power because they're great subs. I've been searching for rebuild kits for them all over but have come up with nothing. Does anyone know of a place that sells these or makes their own kits that will work? All help or suggestions are much appreciated!
You could call jl and see how much it would cost to rebuild. From my understanding the only parts they reuse is the magnet and frame. For the same price of repair you could probably buy some brand new SAs or check SSA. Just my thoughts.

Hit up SPL AUDIO DEAN on fb he can rebuild them, those r great sq drivers. But I want to know how the hell did you blow them, what are your h/u and amp settings.

I have a 4000 watt boss amp that puts out about 1600 watts rms. The gain was about 3/4 of the way up. They still sounds clean unless I turn them up. They are in a ported box.
Bingo.

How do you know that amp does 1600 rms? I'm betting it doesn't, as lossisatool said. Plus the gain is way too high. Your expecting too much outta them. I'm also betting you clipped those subs to hell and back.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.