jl 13w7 for trade or sale

csknight
10+ year member

Item(s) for Sale:

JL 13w7

Item(s) Description/Condition:

used but in near perfect condition. this could easily pass for new

Price:

Looking for a trade for another very high end system. complete or just subs. if just the subs then they have to be wired to 1 ohm and play well at 1000 watts. cause I have a memphis 16pr1.1000

I'd think about trading for a jl 12w7 in HO box or a set of 12w6's.

let me know what you got and I'll consider it!

if you want to buy: 450 obo, though no low ballers. this is quality at its finest. and if your not interested, please don't post about how overpriced jl is. I've heard it enough.

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

shipping from Roanoke Va.

cost of shipping will depend on where you live, and whether you can locally pick up. I'd be willing to drive an hour or two.

the picture of the top and sides show sawdust, not scratches.

Item Pictures:

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

View attachment 26533536View attachment 26533537View attachment 26533538View attachment 26533539View attachment 26533540

Last edited by a moderator:
your a moron. theses are most likely ae editions while this is a standard old sub. i bought one of theses last year in a custom well built box for 400. this is an old sub not an ae edition..... keep ur opinions to your self as you most likely dont know what you are talking about on price , this sub is underrated and hits hard as **** not alot of ppl know what this sub can really do.
Your reply to my post is interesting in a few ways...First I asked that people refrain from the name-calling...but kids will be kids. Secondly, if you had taken the time to read my entire posts you may have noticed that I was in the business for many years, this does enable me to distinguish between specific speaker models. More to the point the Sonicelectronix W7 was indeed the AE version, the OCS W7 was the original. Functionally they are identical, but you are correct they do have a higher price-point(AE version) however the tradeoff(in the current market) is that there are very few 'reputable'(and I use that term loosely because really any online product source that isn't 'JL approved' isn't by definition 'reputable') that actually carries the older version. And in the context of the discussion BostonJLguy and I were having I think it was kinda assumed when he said 'online price' that he most likely meant a solid product source as to be compared with the off-brand(and I don't mean any disrespect in the term off-brand...it's just easier to type than 'non-mainstream' LOL) product sources, when in actuality the off-brand product sources are superior to an extent because they are 'factory authorized'. Anyways it kinda renders your point moot. Thirdly you're telling me to keep my opinions to myself...which is really kind of ironic..you are aware that we're in a FORUM, by definition it is a place where ideas and OPINIONS are discussed. Last and certainly not the least confusing...You're defending the same stance as I am; That the W7 is a good product, I quote:

this sub is underrated and hits hard as **** not alot of ppl know what this sub can really do.

I couldn't agree more. I own the 'little' 8W7AE-3(yes I'm positive of the model) and it amazes me every time I fire it up. So...why are you upset at me?

Thank you for your contribution to the discussion...I found the part about me being a moron most insightful.

Congrats on taking over OP's thread. Odds this sub ever sells here are +700 now.
I was actually defending the worthiness of his item and the asking price, but you're absolutely right. Enough out of me. I really like my W7, I'm sure whomever gets this one will enjoy it as well, and at a good(my opinion) price. BUMP!

Pure ignorance? Clearly I was speaking an opinion in general terms...not stating a specific apples-to-apples comparison/fact. So saying that my statement is ignorant, justified by your equally broad statement 'There are way better subs out there than the W7' is in and of itself ignorant by the same standard.
That being said, in the general high-output, highly linear, medium-high power range the W7's absolutely hold their own. There are several test reviews done by independent highly respected audio experts that all agree that the W7 is an outstanding subwoofer in it's own right and there are countless customer reviews that reflect the same. I've not claimed them to be God's gift to subsonic frequencies...And I agree, there are better subs out there than the W7...I would say my Audiomobiles sound cleaner...and I would definitely say that my 15inch SoundSplinter RLS would displace more air while being more linear than the 13W7...But so what? Does that make the W7 a piece of $hit? Of course not. It's a very well engineered reference quality high output subwoofer...albeit overpriced.

Again these are only my opinions...y'all don't have to agree. Please spare me any future 'your ignorant' statements...I'm not here to start a fight, or to lock horns with some die-hard off-brand fanboy forum troll...I just saw some guy's thread getting jacked by people he specifically asked to abstain from commenting on his thread, and they happen to be commenting on a product I happen to have an opinion on...so I felt compelled to comment.

One other quick note for BostonJLguy...Using your 60-75% of online price formula I took the average price of the top two 'caraudio.com top retail sites':

Sonicelectronics-$950

Onlinecarstereo-$750

Average-$850

I'll even go on the low end in your favor...60% of $850 = $510...So the lower end of your suggested range is still $60 more than what this guy is askin.
The ae can be had for 700 on amazon. This sub is worth 400 used tops

I was actually defending the worthiness of his item and the asking price, but you're absolutely right. Enough out of me. I really like my W7, I'm sure whomever gets this one will enjoy it as well, and at a good(my opinion) price. BUMP!
That's where everyone, including myself, disagree. OP was originally asking 550 obo, PLUS shipping. He really killed himself by saying "this is quality at it's finest, so no low balls." 550 plus shipping is way too much, a brand new 13W7 with warranty can be had for a few bucks less, shipping included. Even if he were offering a good price on the sub, he killed himself by saying "quality at it's finest." Even for 450 shipped you can find better subs in the classifieds, at least 1 on every page. For every page on the classifieds I can show you a single 12" sub that would match this W7 in SQ, and beat on it SPL wise.

The ae can be had for 700 on amazon. This sub is worth 400 used tops
$400 to $450 isn't a big leap...perhaps room for an interested buyer to haggle. Again I only looked at the first couple sites CA.com recommended, I'm sure there are much better deals out there. As much as I love my 8W7 there's no way in the pits of Hades that I would spend the MSRP of $550 LOL.

That's where everyone, including myself, disagree. OP was originally asking 550 obo, PLUS shipping. He really killed himself by saying "this is quality at it's finest, so no low balls." 550 plus shipping is way too much, a brand new 13W7 with warranty can be had for a few bucks less, shipping included. Even if he were offering a good price on the sub, he killed himself by saying "quality at it's finest." Even for 450 shipped you can find better subs in the classifieds, at least 1 on every page. For every page on the classifieds I can show you a single 12" sub that would match this W7 in SQ, and beat on it SPL wise.
I agree $550+shipping=sub not being sold. I also agree that for $450 there are better subwoofers out there. But for $450ish shipped for this particular sub isn't exactly getting bent over the barrel. Value is always in the eye of the beholder(or perhaps wallet). Anyways, all very good points and I'm glad you didn't call me any names LOL. I'm done with this thread, I've said what I wanted to say.

Good luck with sale/trade.

Your reply to my post is interesting in a few ways...First I asked that people refrain from the name-calling...but kids will be kids. Secondly, if you had taken the time to read my entire posts you may have noticed that I was in the business for many years, this does enable me to distinguish between specific speaker models. More to the point the Sonicelectronix W7 was indeed the AE version, the OCS W7 was the original. Functionally they are identical, but you are correct they do have a higher price-point(AE version) however the tradeoff(in the current market) is that there are very few 'reputable'(and I use that term loosely because really any online product source that isn't 'JL approved' isn't by definition 'reputable') that actually carries the older version. And in the context of the discussion BostonJLguy and I were having I think it was kinda assumed when he said 'online price' that he most likely meant a solid product source as to be compared with the off-brand(and I don't mean any disrespect in the term off-brand...it's just easier to type than 'non-mainstream' LOL) product sources, when in actuality the off-brand product sources are superior to an extent because they are 'factory authorized'. Anyways it kinda renders your point moot. Thirdly you're telling me to keep my opinions to myself...which is really kind of ironic..you are aware that we're in a FORUM, by definition it is a place where ideas and OPINIONS are discussed. Last and certainly not the least confusing...You're defending the same stance as I am; That the W7 is a good product, I quote: this sub is underrated and hits hard as **** not alot of ppl know what this sub can really do.

I couldn't agree more. I own the 'little' 8W7AE-3(yes I'm positive of the model) and it amazes me every time I fire it up. So...why are you upset at me?

Thank you for your contribution to the discussion...I found the part about me being a moron most insightful.
blah blah blah, this is a forum and we do have our opinions but some ppl are just STUPID. i am not perfect or know everything. the main reason i called you a moron is due to the fact that YOU yourself have took it upon your self to talk this dudes sub worth up and trying to prove to ppl with it is in fact worth. most of the people on here know true values in what things go for and there is no need for you to clogged this thread to hell with your nonsense bull sh*it. that is where i find you to be a moron...... im more then betting that we will all get infracted for clogging up the op thread.

blah blah blah, this is a forum and we do have our opinions but some ppl are just STUPID. i am not perfect or know everything. the main reason i called you a moron is due to the fact that YOU yourself have took it upon your self to talk this dudes sub worth up and trying to prove to ppl with it is in fact worth. most of the people on here know true values in what things go for and there is no need for you to clogged this thread to hell with your nonsense bull sh*it. that is where i find you to be a moron...... im more then betting that we will all get infracted for clogging up the op thread.
LOL...Seriously? I think anyone with an education level past that of a seventh-grader and the ability to follow a logical argument can read this thread in it's entirety and see in glaring clarity the irony of you calling me a 'moron'. Thank you.

LOL...Seriously? I think anyone with an education level past that of a seventh-grader and the ability to follow a logical argument can read this thread in it's entirety and see in glaring clarity the irony of you calling me a 'moron'. Thank you.
follow a logical argument? this is a ad for a w7 13 not a thread where there is an argument to be made. moron...... i am done with your stupidity and let this thread be, we dont need to clog the op thread up anymore

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.