jl 13w7 for trade or sale

csknight
10+ year member

Item(s) for Sale:

JL 13w7

Item(s) Description/Condition:

used but in near perfect condition. this could easily pass for new

Price:

Looking for a trade for another very high end system. complete or just subs. if just the subs then they have to be wired to 1 ohm and play well at 1000 watts. cause I have a memphis 16pr1.1000

I'd think about trading for a jl 12w7 in HO box or a set of 12w6's.

let me know what you got and I'll consider it!

if you want to buy: 450 obo, though no low ballers. this is quality at its finest. and if your not interested, please don't post about how overpriced jl is. I've heard it enough.

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

shipping from Roanoke Va.

cost of shipping will depend on where you live, and whether you can locally pick up. I'd be willing to drive an hour or two.

the picture of the top and sides show sawdust, not scratches.

Item Pictures:

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

View attachment 26533536View attachment 26533537View attachment 26533538View attachment 26533539View attachment 26533540

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one and would be willing to buy this for the right price, but as said before a lot over priced

Shoot me a pm if you are willing to come down SUBSTANTIALLY

I'll never understand why people feel the need to talk $hit about other peoples' product choice. I've been installing professionally and/or as a hobby for almost 2 decades and I've used most every 'main-stream' sub on the market and many non-mainstream. There are outstanding products and crappy products in both arenas...Let your ears be the judge of what's right for you. The W7 is a remarkable subwoofer, outstanding sound quality and plenty of output(assuming it's installed correctly). I'll admit it's only downfall is the sticker price. The various forum members may be annoying in the delivery of their message but to an extent they're right...there are many off-brand product selections that may be either louder or sound better...not necessarily both. However let that fact not dissuade you from using the W7...it can hold it's own against any off-brand driver any day in any category with the exception of price...but who actually pays retail anymore anyways? My advice...The 13W7 is a dual 1.5ohm right? Run the coils in parallel (.75ohm) and once you figure in voice coil warm-up(roughly 30% rise in impedance) you're looking at a nominal impedance of .975ohms...not to mention that normal musical material very rarely causes a subwoofer/amp combo to go anywhere near it's static DCR(direct current resistance). Your amp does 1000rms @1ohm correct? If you run a clean 1k watt to a 13W7 and it's 'not doing justice' to the sub, then you have a serious issue with the installation. Just my 2 cents...If you agree, cool. If you don't, cool. Just think for yourself and ignore marketing and fan-boy/hater bull$hit.

I'll never understand why people feel the need to talk $hit about other peoples' product choice. I've been installing professionally and/or as a hobby for almost 2 decades and I've used most every 'main-stream' sub on the market and many non-mainstream. There are outstanding products and crappy products in both arenas...Let your ears be the judge of what's right for you. The W7 is a remarkable subwoofer, outstanding sound quality and plenty of output(assuming it's installed correctly). I'll admit it's only downfall is the sticker price. The various forum members may be annoying in the delivery of their message but to an extent they're right...there are many off-brand product selections that may be either louder or sound better...not necessarily both. However let that fact not dissuade you from using the W7...it can hold it's own against any off-brand driver any day in any category with the exception of price...but who actually pays retail anymore anyways? My advice...The 13W7 is a dual 1.5ohm right? Run the coils in parallel (.75ohm) and once you figure in voice coil warm-up(roughly 30% rise in impedance) you're looking at a nominal impedance of .975ohms...not to mention that normal musical material very rarely causes a subwoofer/amp combo to go anywhere near it's static DCR(direct current resistance). Your amp does 1000rms @1ohm correct? If you run a clean 1k watt to a 13W7 and it's 'not doing justice' to the sub, then you have a serious issue with the installation. Just my 2 cents...If you agree, cool. If you don't, cool. Just think for yourself and ignore marketing and fan-boy/hater bull$hit.

Over priced is the problem. I think people are bagging on him because he is only asking for JL like everything else is garbage. JL makes nice products; however, they cost an arm and a leg. I used to be a JL Guy until I found bigger, better, and more affordable things. The 1000/1 is a good amp, but way over priced for the amount of power. He probably got jacked by some stereo shop and paid 1200 for the sub. When selling car audio, you must look online prices and sell it for no more than 60-75 percent of the online price! If you paid retail, your just going to have to bite the bullet. There are much better subs out there than the w7, so to say that they can hold their own with any sub is just pure ignorance!

Over priced is the problem. I think people are bagging on him because he is only asking for JL like everything else is garbage. JL makes nice products; however, they cost an arm and a leg. I used to be a JL Guy until I found bigger, better, and more affordable things. The 1000/1 is a good amp, but way over priced for the amount of power. He probably got jacked by some stereo shop and paid 1200 for the sub. When selling car audio, you must look online prices and sell it for no more than 60-75 percent of the online price! If you paid retail, your just going to have to bite the bullet. There are much better subs out there than the w7, so to say that they can hold their own with any sub is just pure ignorance!
Pure ignorance? Clearly I was speaking an opinion in general terms...not stating a specific apples-to-apples comparison/fact. So saying that my statement is ignorant, justified by your equally broad statement 'There are way better subs out there than the W7' is in and of itself ignorant by the same standard.

That being said, in the general high-output, highly linear, medium-high power range the W7's absolutely hold their own. There are several test reviews done by independent highly respected audio experts that all agree that the W7 is an outstanding subwoofer in it's own right and there are countless customer reviews that reflect the same. I've not claimed them to be God's gift to subsonic frequencies...And I agree, there are better subs out there than the W7...I would say my Audiomobiles sound cleaner...and I would definitely say that my 15inch SoundSplinter RLS would displace more air while being more linear than the 13W7...But so what? Does that make the W7 a piece of $hit? Of course not. It's a very well engineered reference quality high output subwoofer...albeit overpriced.

Again these are only my opinions...y'all don't have to agree. Please spare me any future 'your ignorant' statements...I'm not here to start a fight, or to lock horns with some die-hard off-brand fanboy forum troll...I just saw some guy's thread getting jacked by people he specifically asked to abstain from commenting on his thread, and they happen to be commenting on a product I happen to have an opinion on...so I felt compelled to comment.

One other quick note for BostonJLguy...Using your 60-75% of online price formula I took the average price of the top two 'caraudio.com top retail sites':

Sonicelectronics-$950

Onlinecarstereo-$750

Average-$850

I'll even go on the low end in your favor...60% of $850 = $510...So the lower end of your suggested range is still $60 more than what this guy is askin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pure ignorance? Clearly I was speaking an opinion in general terms...not stating a specific apples-to-apples comparison/fact. So saying that my statement is ignorant, justified by your equally broad statement 'There are way better subs out there than the W7' is in and of itself ignorant by the same standard.
That being said, in the general high-output, highly linear, medium-high power range the W7's absolutely hold their own. There are several test reviews done by independent highly respected audio experts that all agree that the W7 is an outstanding subwoofer in it's own right and there are countless customer reviews that reflect the same. I've not claimed them to be God's gift to subsonic frequencies...And I agree, there are better subs out there than the W7...I would say my Audiomobiles sound cleaner...and I would definitely say that my 15inch SoundSplinter RLS would displace more air while being more linear than the 13W7...But so what? Does that make the W7 a piece of $hit? Of course not. It's a very well engineered reference quality high output subwoofer...albeit overpriced.

Again these are only my opinions...y'all don't have to agree. Please spare me any future 'your ignorant' statements...I'm not here to start a fight, or to lock horns with some die-hard off-brand fanboy forum troll...I just saw some guy's thread getting jacked by people he specifically asked to abstain from commenting on his thread, and they happen to be commenting on a product I happen to have an opinion on...so I felt compelled to comment.

One other quick note for BostonJLguy...Using your 60-75% of online price formula I took the average price of the top two 'caraudio.com top retail sites':

Sonicelectronics-$950

Onlinecarstereo-$750

Average-$850

I'll even go on the low end in your favor...60% of $850 = $510...So the lower end of your suggested range is still $60 more than what this guy is askin.
your a moron. theses are most likely ae editions while this is a standard old sub. i bought one of theses last year in a custom well built box for 400. this is an old sub not an ae edition..... keep ur opinions to your self as you most likely dont know what you are talking about on price , this sub is underrated and hits hard as **** not alot of ppl know what this sub can really do.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.