Jl 12w3v3-2

Participant count
  • Participant list

freddieg
10+ year member

ok guys hows everyone doing im new to this website and this is my first post i really need some help. i just purchased i jl12w3v3-2. im running a quantum audio amp to it model number qa1800d its giving it 900 watts it says anyway.. well the question is about the box i have it in i have it in a 2.25 cu ft box tuned at 33htz its ported. it was a custom built box that i had my old kicker in. i read online about you have to follow the jl specs to get the most out of the sub. right now it isnt that loud ive heard single tens louder. my question is the 2.25cu box does it make that much of a difference in the sound because the jl specs say 1.75cu I THINK.. if you have some box building knowledge please post. i need all the help i can get. if you know about jl and the 12w3 please post it is the new 2011 model fyi. thank guys in advance.

Single tens receiving the same amount of power likely would be louder. And like the above post stated, there is no way that your W3 is taking 900 watts. Now if that is running at 4ohms and is only taking 450, I could see that.

The tuning of your port will determine how loud you get. When you tune lower for more low end response, you sacrifice output. JL subs are sq subs and aren't meant to get loud. I have a 12w1v2-4 and a Boston G1 12-4 and when put in the same 2.1 cu ft box tuned at 35 hz, WinISD shows the G1 a hair over 1db louder but the w1 has a better bit better low end extension and an f3 a few hz lower.

ok yea i checked they say its about 450 watts goin to it so guys another question what size box would i need and what do i need to tune the port to for the sub to get maximum output. thanks for the help guys im getting my box build tommorow so i really need to know kinda soon if one of yall could help me out by giving me some measurements and what i have to tune the port to and what size thanks alot guys

I would leave it in the box that its in. If you want it to get louder, you will be sacrificing low end output. If you want it to be loud and sound poopy, get a kicker and put it in one of their recommended fart boxes. If you dont like how it sounds now, get a new subwoofer. Also consider upgrading the amp to a more powerful one. If you dont wanna upgrade the amp, increase the cone area (buy another). JL's aren't meant to get very loud.

yea i hear jl arent meant to get very loud i just wanted it a lil louder. i have a fosgate punch 500 amp do you think that would be a good amp for this sub. thanks for all the help

thanks kushy for all the help but now ive decided to upgrade im looking for a good single sub ive heard re is pretty good and the w6 and w7 my budget is around 600 for the sub. which ones do you think are good im looking for loudness but i dont want it to sound like the sub is in a trashcan either.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

freddieg

10+ year member
freddieg
augusta ga
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from