JBL MS-8 owners?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Get the latest firmware if it don't have it
I have googled and can not find a firmware update. Are you talking about the echo cancellation thing?

Alright. Have it installed. I have to play with crossover points and positions of my head but it definitely brings everything forward. I don't have rears which I read makes a big difference. So we will see

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

After playing with it some more. This thing has really made a difference. After reading, the one thing I didn't think would get better is the sub output. But idk what they are talking about. My subs sound 10x better than before.

It's a very good machine that doesn't get enough credit.

People talk bad since you can't adjust much after the tune but you don't need to.

I would rather enjoy than spend months with the laptop trying to find the sweet spot

It's a very good machine that doesn't get enough credit. People talk bad since you can't adjust much after the tune but you don't need to.

I would rather enjoy than spend months with the laptop trying to find the sweet spot
I get that. I wish you could change crossover settings without starting over. But I think the problem with mine is the subwoofer too loud during calibration. Will give that a shot tomorrow. But for a day and half I could never go back. Howard Stern sounds like he is right in front of me. Ha. I have a Audio control DQDX that i was able to get really close to center but nothing like this.

I listen to a lot of classic rock. It's recorded very good. Stuff like Santana will have dualing bongos. One will be at each a pillar with the guitar in the center. Pink Floyd has a lot of effects that shot all over the windshield.

I listen to a lot of classic rock. It's recorded very good. Stuff like Santana will have dualing bongos. One will be at each a pillar with the guitar in the center. Pink Floyd has a lot of effects that shot all over the windshield.
I know exactly what you mean. Was listening to Joe Walsh yesterday and it sounded incredible. I'm still having a problem with the volume of my subs. They are always jacked way up. But I don't think I can go back now.

Actually. I think I might have had it with this thing. I got it so close today. So I took what I did that time and tweak it a little and it threw it all off. Every time I do it it sounds different. Every time.. It's driving me crazy.

Update on my MS-8

I found a place near me where I could be in a super quiet place. This made a huge difference. I also did the trick where to cover the tweeters on the first pass. This made the mids fill out. And since it was so quiet it picked up the sub alot better too.. Very happy with it now. Was about to get rid of it.

Update on my MS-8
I found a place near me where I could be in a super quiet place. This made a huge difference. I also did the trick where to cover the tweeters on the first pass. This made the mids fill out. And since it was so quiet it picked up the sub alot better too.. Very happy with it now. Was about to get rid of it.

First few weeks I had it I wanted to toss it out the window. I'm glad I stuck with it.

First few weeks I had it I wanted to toss it out the window. I'm glad I stuck with it.
I'm done buddy. Trying to get it right is driving me crazy. And I don't have the time or patience to keep ducking with it. Gonna but it up this evening. Thanks for the conversation though.

The MS8 is kinda tricky. Definitely not for everyone. I am glad I stuck with it. Now I am going to have to get another one for my Mustang build.....lol.
I really didn't have a issue with the setup. That's pretty straightforward. It's that no matter what I would do it didn't sound the way I wanted it to sound. And when I would get close it would change. I was chasing perfection and couldn't quite get it. At the end I was turning our the processing and liking that sound better. So I said, why the duck do I have it if I'm going to turn off the processing. So I let someone else enjoy it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.