SainSmart DDS 120 oscilloscope help...

Participant count
  • Participant list
Ok so my wife bought me a Sain Smart DDS 120 PC based oscilloscope for xmas. I am running it on a mid 2010 MacBook Pro through parallels and Windows XP.

To be honest this is totally new to me. I have never used one at all. I just set it all up and finally got it running. Now When I try the test signal from the square tab on the unit sometimes I get a square wave on the screen sometimes I don't.

I am just curious as to what settings guys that are using a device like this are using? And or any tips on using it in general?

Thanks in advance....

best thing you can do is search youtube for videos.

i have a dso nano ans im still learning it.

i have been watching many videos on how to use it.

good luck.

also it says on there website...

" 1K HZ square wave signal output "

look up just dso oscope..

many on the handheld ones.

same thing.

also for something like that, there are oscope forums out there....

for car audio most have the small handheld oscops.

you may get more info on the oscope forums.

I have this unit, a few suggestions.

--EDIT--

Also make sure you have the switch in the right place for the x1 or x10 mode, one of mine didn't like to go into x1.

And the LFC adjustment wasn't visibly noticeable unless you where in x10 mode.

Oh and make sure you have the latest version 1.3.

https://s3-ap-northeast-1.amazonaws.com/sain-amzn/20/20-010-730/DDS120-software-140916.zip

https://s3-ap-northeast-1.amazonaws.com/sain-amzn/20/20-010-730/DDS120+Driver.zip

--EDIT--

Manual steps, for that fine control.

Set the trigger to none. This will give you the 'live' display of the signal, and may jump left to right a bit as the time slice passes. So maybe hard to see the signal clearly.

Next adjust the time and voltage till you get a decent signal filling up the graph. Think of the voltage adjustment as zooming in to fill the vertical, and the time as the horizontal. Once you get a signal you like, set the trigger to normal, then on the right side of the graph drag the trigger bar down till the signal peak is below that line. Now you'll have a steady picture of an updated signal. The single trigger is like a snapshot that is not updated, I never use it.

Auto method, doesn't always work.

Hit auto to the right of the triggers, this will attempt to auto tune the time slice and the voltage and the trigger point.

Good luck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

61ragtop

61ragtop
Langley, BC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Spudicus