Jb 20th build

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ssa

So after a little research I realized how little I know about a real car stereo, aside from throwing a box in the trunk... I spent a lot of time on the vw forums learning to build my car, figured why not turn to the tunes community for tunes advice... what im really concerned about is wether or not the electrical system can handle all of this crap and wether the speakers and amps match up...

here's what I gots..

Generic touch screen (for the time being)

Up front.. 6.5" JBL Gto608c component set (140w rms -210w peak)

Back seat... 6.5" JL ZR650-CW 2 ohm.(85w rms-225w peak)

On an SPL APE4-2300 (4×260@2ohms)

W/ massive audio eq7 7 band 8v line driver

All ran with 16 monster

Orian HCCA-102 (1500w rms -3000w peak)

Power accoustic BAMF5500/1d (1700@2ohms)

PowerBar xba-2. Digital bass rest.

Going in custom sealed enclosure..On 10g monster wire

Also got oddesey PC1200MJT

1/0 big 3 wire kit

Altinator is 90 amp (can get a 160 if needed)

So what I guess I am asking aside from brand preference is the anything I'm missing or are the numbersnotideal??

Any help would be appreciated. .

IDK what you mean about "generic touchscreen" but if you mean one of those no name Chinese brands you should avoid at all costs. They'll perform poorly and fail quickly. Stick to Kenwood, Alpine, Pioneer, or even Jensen or JVC for budget brands that are at least worth the money.

HCCA subs are OK, but the 3000W rating is pretty optimistic and in the past replacement cone assemblies have been difficult or impossible to find or outrageously priced. Otherwise they work pretty well if you don't plan to abuse things.

Power Akoustic is also garbage. If a company has to lie that their 1200W amp makes 5000W how much self respect do you think they have overall about offering a good quality product? Take whatever amp budget you have and invest in something of decent quality. It'll perform well, be reliable, and hold some resale value down the road if you decide you really do need more or just get out of it altogether.

AFAIK Odesy batteries are the same guts as Sears Die Hard Platinum (which has an impressive 5 year warranty) so you might switch there if you still can.

Lastly most higher end modern subwoofers are designed to perform best in ported box. You'll do well to consider doing a ported box if you have the extra space.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.