Jan did it again( AzBass brace yourselfa again)

I like the rims, color doesn't really suit the car though since Privat's come on that flat grey finish. Every think of powercoating them gloss black?

I havent gotten to play with the azentec yet, just was shown by a rep.. cool plan to shove it all in a double din, Streetdeck has been good to us in the past.

I saw the visulogic go into the biz with streetdeck.

Thought that was cool, we shall see where that takes em'.

Thanks!
the prices are easy to find online if you're really interested to know how much it cost us....but I'm not sure what the relevence is?
Well, the relevance is that alot of people look at your car and wonder how much money (ballpark figure) it takes to make a car look that nice. I don't think he was being derogatory about it.

BTW, I'm not a fan of VWs either but I must admit you made that one look GOOD !!

Props.

My mom got me a subsciption to that Mag for Xmas. That is the first copy I got. The only thing I found mildly interesting was the fiberglass projects in the back.

My mom got me a subsciption to that Mag for Xmas. That is the first copy I got. The only thing I found mildly interesting was the fiberglass projects in the back.
i enjoy those as well. but i hate when they stop and it says wait til next month for the rest //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Well, the relevance is that alot of people look at your car and wonder how much money (ballpark figure) it takes to make a car look that nice. I don't think he was being derogatory about it.
When you do all the worl yourself the price will be much cheaper.

And I never suggested that anything was derogatory.

All prices can be found online if someone is that serious about finding out how much it all cost.

When you do all the work yourself the price will be much cheaper.
Yes, of course it is. But I was more interested (and I think the other poster was as well) in what like materials for the install, not just equipment. But if its alot to remember, I understand.

And I never suggested that anything was derogatory.
No, I wasn't trying to suggest that that was what you thought. I was merely just trying to make sure you didn't take it that way.

materials alone? should have specified!

For the amp rack, we used 11 gauge steel for the end plates, needed a 4' x 4' piece of steel for that. For the tubes, we used schedule 40 steel pipe. 2 5' sections of it.

The steel cost us about $100.

For the sub enclosure, we used 3/4" MDF. A sheet is about $20.

Then a gallon of Rage Gold for finishing. We also used about 3 gallons of Duraglass for the enclosure and the kicks. So about $100 or so there.

2 gallons of resin and a few packages of mat. $60ish

Of course the modeling clay for the enclosure and the kicks. $20

Then the black hole 5 for the sub enclosure and for the doors.

Vinyl and Paint came out to be about $200.

We also needed a welder and all the other necessary tools to do this project.

Oh yeah, and the plexi that's under the amps was about $40 too.

I'm sure I missed a few odds and ends here and there too.

I'm sorry, I just find it incredibly rude to see something and the first thing that's asked is "How much did it cost". It's not like the answer is worth anything. Knowing how much someone paid for something doesn't change anything.

I'm sorry, I just find it incredibly rude to see something and the first thing that's asked is "How much did it cost". It's not like the answer is worth anything. Knowing how much someone paid for something doesn't change anything.
I see your point. You can't tell me thats the first time someone has asked that though can you??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.