ive got in narrowed down to...7

ßûmþ_§üm±hîñ
10+ year member

hey guys, ive got my choices narrowed down to seven different subs. please just read the stuff and tell me what you think would be the best quality for cash decision. thanks...

1. Rockford Fosgate HX2 RFD2212 12" DVC SUB (only 1 sub)

**$129.00

Rockford Fosgate Punch HX2

12" Dual Voice Coil Subwoofer

New model for 2001

BRAND NEW IN ORIGINAL CARTON!

One low-frequency roar from the RFD2212 and those inferior subwoofers will be scrambling for cover. This Punch HX 12" subwoofer is built with the famous Rockford Fosgate attitude - a no-compromises commitment to deep, powerful, and realistic bass.

The FIBERlock cone of treated cured paper is strong and light for high performance and excellent transient response. Those bass notes go down smooth, too, thanks to a durable Santoprene rubber surround that controls the cone's path for maximum excursion.

The cast aluminum frame basket reduces flex and resonance for greater accuracy, while aluminum formers allow the voice coils to dissipate heat quickly. The dual 4-ohm voice coils can be wired as a 2-, 4-, or 8-ohm load, giving you more options when hooking up your system. 1-year warranty.

Features:

dual 4-ohm voice coils

CONsealer gasket hides mounting screws and prevents air leaks around the frame

frequency response 26-200 Hz

power range 150-500 watts RMS (250 watts per voice coil)

peak power 1,000 watts

sensitivity 88 dB SPL

top mount depth 5-13/16"

sealed box volume 0.8-4.0 cubic feet

ported box volume 1.75-4.0 cubic feet

rfd22102.jpg

2. PAIR CERWIN VEGA 12 HED SVC SUBS 800W

**$127.00

CERWIN-VEGA

HED-12 SVC

12 COMPONENT SUBWOOFER

PAIR OF SUBS! 2 PC'S

BRAND NEW IN FACTORY SEALED CARTON

The woofer cone is constructed of injection-molded pearl-mica polypropylene coated with a titanium-nickel alloy. Uniform pearl-mica crystals form an overlapping structure that adds strength and heat resistance to polypropylene, resulting in reduced distortion and improved reliability. In addition, the titanium-nickel alloy coating adds even more strength, giving you deep powerful bass.

VEGA-flex Suspension

The V-Flex surround mechanically resists lateral "cone drift" for perfect pistonic movement of the cone, a distinct advantage particularly in high power handling. Outstanding linearity under hard drive/high power applications; long throw with minimum lateral cone "drift"; resists ultraviolet radiation. High power handling with low distortion; extended low bass output.

High Energy Strontium Ferrite Magnet and Handwound Voice Coil

The 112-ounce motor assembly and 2" precision hand-wound voice coil provide high efficiency and greater control for fast transient response and sonic accuracy.

Titanium Nickel Alloy Vapor-deposition Polypropylene Injection-molded Pearl-mica Cone

Uniform cone thickness; proprietary ribbing pattern for rigidity. Deep powerful bass and smooth response; detailed percussive attack; low distortion under extreme loading conditions.

High Temperature Kapton Voice Coil Former

Increased magnetic efficiency; excellent heat dissipation for high thermal power handling.

KEY FEATURES

Titanium-nickel plated polypropylene cone

Power range 200 watts RMS each 400 watts total RMS

Peak power 400 watts each 800 watts max

Frequency range 20-500 Hz

Single Voice Coil

Sensitivity 90 dB

Top mount depth 5-1/4"S

Sealed box volume 1.1 cubic feet

The HED is a new generation of subwoofers featuring landmark technology and outstanding performance. The HED subs sport a unique surround and Cerwin-Vega's proprietary V-Flex suspension design.

hed12svc.jpg

3. PAIR AUDIOBAHN AW-1251X SUBS 1400W

**$99.00

AUDIOBAHN WOOFERS

AW-1251X

(2) 12 1400 WATTS (TOTAL)

NATURAL SOUND SUBWOOFERS

BRAND NEW IN FACTORY SEALED CARTONS!

PAIR OF WOOFERS!

FEATURES :

12 NATURAL SOUND SUBWOOFER

MACHINE CHROME BACK PLATE

NICKEL PLATED LUG-LOCK TERMINALS

EXTENDED & VENTED POLE PIECE

400 WATTS R.M.S., 700 WATTS MAX. POWER HANDLING EACH SUBWOOFER

45 OZ. STRONTIUM MAGNET

PHAT FOAM SURROUND

NON- PRESSED, NON-TRANSSFER PAPER CONE

KM3 COATED FOR VIRTUALLY NO CONE DISTORTION

2 4-LAYER ASV VOICE COIL

DUAL 4 OHM

2 OHM OR 8 OHM OPERATION

FREQUENCY RESPONSE 24Hz TO 1 KHz

EFFICIENCY 92.1 dB

audiobahn12511x.jpg

4. 2001 AUDIOBAHN AW1000 10" 600 WATT

**$78.00

New model for 2001

AUDIOBAHN AW1000

10" HIGH EXCURSION WOOFER

Power Handling: 600 watts R.M.S.

BRAND NEW IN FACTORY SEALED CARTON

New model for 2001

AUDIOBAHN AW1000

10" HIGH EXCURSION WOOFER

High output bass is all about high excursion - if you want maximum SPL, you've gotta move some serious air. That's why Audiobahn's AW series subwoofers have Phat 2" foam surrounds and non-pressed, non-transfer paper cones coated with KM3 for huge amounts of excursion. To handle the rigors of tremendous linear movement, the baskets are made from ultra-stiff chrome plated cast aluminum, and even the back plate is machined and chromed. Designed for super high output, the AW1000 features huge 120 oz. double-stacked Strontium magnets, a vented and extended pole piece, and a 2" ASV former with dual 4-layer high-temp 4 ohm voice coils. All this beauty and brawn comes packaged in a heavy-duty wooden gift crate

SPECIFICATIONS

120 oz. Double Stacked Strontium Magnets

Frequency Response: 23Hz - 500Hz

Efficiency: 91.1 dB

PHAT 2 Inch Foam Surround

Non- Pressed, Non-Transfer Paper Cone

KM3 Coated for Virtually No Cone Distortion

2.5 Inch 4-Layer ASV Voice Coil

Dual 4 Ohm 2 Ohm or 8 Ohm Operation

Mounting Dimensions: Depth; 5 Inch Hole; 9 1/4 Inch Diameter; 10 7/8 Inch

aw1200x.jpg

5. KENWOOD TORNADO CONE 12" WOOFER PAIR

**$129.95

KENWOOD

KFC-W3003 12" 600 WATTS EACH WOOFER! (PAIR!)

KENWOOD KFC-W3003

600W 12" SUBWOOFER PAIR!

BRAND NEW MODEL!

Features:

42.3 oz Magnet

600 Watts Max Power

Frequency Response - 25 Hz - 800 Hz

Sensitivity 93 dB / Wat 1m

Impedance 4 Ohms

Weight - 9.1 Pounds

These Ones Rock!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YOU GET 2 WOOFERS Brand New In The Box! (Factory Sealed!)

kfc-w3003.jpg

6. KICKER C12 COMP12 SUBWOOFER PAIR

**$109.00

KICKER

C12 COMPETITION

12" SUBWOOFER PAIR NEW IN BOX!

Kicker C12 Competition

Sub Woofer

Description:

The legendary KICKER Comp - pound for pound, dollar for dollar, there's no other sub like it on the planet. It's the sub that made KICKER famous and a universal standard when it comes to making bass. All the innovative design and performance you expect from a KICKER sub are built into every Comp.

Like the XPL and CompVR, the KICKER Comp kicks that famous KICKER bass sound from a sealed cabinet much smaller than most. And now the new Comp gives you even more installation options with great bass performance in ported enclosures and even freeair, with no enclosure at all. It's the most flexible subwoofer KICKER has ever created. Updated for the 21st Century, the 2001 KICKER Comp has a rigid cone with our trademark Inverted Structural Dome for superior flex resistance, increased throw to move even more air, and enhanced thermal dissipation (thanks to Perimeter Venting built into the trick new basket) for cooler operation and longer life.

Comp 4-Ohm Subwoofer Parameters

Model C12-4 C10-4

Nominal Impedance 4 4

SPL dB 1W/1M 88.6 87.7

Displacement, cc 1718 983

Displacement, CuIn 104.89 59.96

Hole cutout, in dia 10 7/8 9 5/32

Mounting Depth, in 5 1/2 4 9/16

Revc 3.79 3.645

VC Inductance, mH 2.83 2.7

Sd, SqM 0.0532 0.037

BL 11.69 10.17

Vas, Liters 133.27 59.48

Vas, CuFt 4.71 2.1

Mms, gms 107.3742 75.8088

Fs 25.8 32.2

Qms 11.298 10.534

Qes 0.499 0.555

Qts 0.478 0.527

Pmax, watts 300 250

Xmax, mm 7.5 7.5

This is a Brand New,Kicker 4 Ohm 12" Competition Sub Pair , which has never been used. It is not refurbished This pair retails in store for $300+, now is your chance to own it for much less!

c10pairpr.jpg

7. INSANE 12" WOOFERS! 2400 WATTS TOTAL (FireStorm)

**$89.00

FIRESTORM PRO SERIES

1200 WATTS EACH

12" SUBWOOFERS!

YOU GET A PAIR! (2 PC'S)

HIGH FIDELITY PROFESSIONAL SERIES SUBWOOFER

NICKEL COATED DIE-CAST BASKET AND END PLATES

STRONTIUM CARBONATE FERRITE MEGA 200oz MAGNET

HIGHT TEMPERATURE COPPER WITE VOICE COIL

DOUBLE WALLED KAPTON FORMER

SUPER STRONG GAUSS VENTED MAGNET STRUCTURE

HEAVY DUTY POLY COTTON FLAT SPIDER

HIGH-STRENGTH ORGANIC FIBER CONE

HEAVY DUTY RUBBER SURROUND

EXTENDED VENTED POLE PIECE FOR MAXIMUM EXCURSION AND HEAT DISSIPATION

SPECIAL GOLD PLATED TERMINAL

1200 WATTS OF POWER! (EACH WOOFER!) 2400 WATTS FOR THE PAIR!

THESE ARE INSANE! THE PICTURE DOES NOT DO THEM JUSTICE! YOU NEED TO HOLD THESE IN YOUR HAND TO BELIEVE THE INCREDIBLE MAGNET SIZE AND POWER OF THESE SUBS!

YOU GET A PAIR OF THESE, BRAND NEW IN THE SEALED CARTON.

fs1075pic3.jpg

*****OK******

Im sorry that it is soo long but i just need some "professional" help because i dont know much about this whole thing yet...i decided to post all of the information on each set because it might help you compare better...I really need you guys' help and this is the last time i will bug you so please just tell me what you think...later guys, Nick

I would first look at the HX2s then the Kickers..I think the kicker may be better for SQ and the Fosgate for SPL..Probably the HEDs for a third choice and leave the rest off..

Mike

i'd go with the kickers since u can get two of them. but if u can get two hx2's, i'd go for that. but i always recommend 2 subs over 1 sub if their qualities can be compared (ie. 2 jl's against 1 kicker, 2 eclipses over 1 fosgate, and blah blah blah).

You say the Kickers have good SQ, are they still going to bump hard and rattle around some??:p I like the sound of good sound quality but i also want heavy bass too!!

screw what i said before about defined bass...now that ive talked to some ppl at school i just want whatever will hit the hardest. later, Nick

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ßûmþ_§üm±hîñ

10+ year member
ßûmþ_§üm±hîñ
Kinmundy IL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from