I've got a new sub in the mail and I'm looking for a strong mono amp to pair it with...any advice?

KingCarter

CarAudio.com Newbie
Aug 20, 2020
Cincinnati
The sub is a 1000rms 2ohm DVC and I'd like to wire it down to a 1ohm load on the amp. I'm sure I'll need at least a 1k-2k rms amp that is 1ohm stable.

I've been looking for RF or kicker amps but almost everything is sold out online. Kickers IQ1000.1 Q-Class Amplifier is the only thing in stock but it seems like too many bells n whistles for the price when I just need a strong reliable amp.

I been lookin thru RF, Kicker, JBL, Kenwood, Alpine, Sony and more and still can't find a killer amp.

Thanks for all the help !

Popwarhomie

10+ year member
Jan 22, 2010
FL

Had two of these at .25 ohm daily no problem. Great amps.

OP
K

KingCarter

CarAudio.com Newbie
Aug 20, 2020
Cincinnati
That looks like a killer amp for sure! Looks like I'd have to get a high output alt new bat and the big 3 upgrade to use that big boy tho. I wonder if it's little brother would do the trick

Would this amp have enough power?

Popwarhomie

10+ year member
Jan 22, 2010
FL
The 1200 is a great amp as well but I would go bigger to combat box rise. Gains can be set clean with plenty of head room and still get the 1k you need.

jkumler

CarAudio.com Newbie
Sep 13, 2020
Covington, KY
can someone tell me what would happen if I present a 2ohm load to a 1ohm stable amp? Im gonna be getting a alpine type r dvc 4ohm. wiring it down to 2ohm. the alpine type r amp that matches it is expensive. i could get a kicker for cheaper but it says it's either 4ohm or 1ohm.

Popwarhomie

10+ year member
Jan 22, 2010
FL
can someone tell me what would happen if I present a 2ohm load to a 1ohm stable amp? Im gonna be getting a alpine type r dvc 4ohm. wiring it down to 2ohm. the alpine type r amp that matches it is expensive. i could get a kicker for cheaper but it says it's either 4ohm or 1ohm.

Nothing. Just less power. It's 1 ohm stable. Meaning it can run from 1ohm and up. Just get a dual 2 ohm subwoofer and wire it to 1 ohm. Many good amps that do enough power at 1 ohm that are cheaper than an Alpine or Kicker amp.

Jeffdachef

Gunz That Turn on Nunz
Feb 5, 2013
South Coast Metro, CA
This is my choice, under 300 and 3k rms at 1-2 ohms.

MattinMO

Senior VIP Member
Dec 31, 2017
St.louis, MO

Had two of these at .25 ohm daily no problem. Great amps.
Literally just sold mine last weekend, great amp would like to have one of their 7k's

Reactions: Popwarhomie

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest posts

Newest threads

Latest classifieds