HCCA Bass knob clip light

Participant count
  • Participants list

jt4x4

CarAudio.com Exclusive
ND
I recently installed an Orion HCCA 5000 amp. The bass knob (remote gain control) has a light to indicate the amp is clipping. However, the "clipping" light lights up pretty much every time the subs are hitting hard.

How accurate is that light? Is it actually detecting DC voltage every time the clipping light illuminates? I could know for sure with my oscilloscope, but the neighbors likely prefer I ask the internet instead. Maybe I'll test with my 'scope and post my results to this thread at a later date.

As I predicted... I had my oscilloscope connected to the speaker terminals to test my amp for clipping. My neighbor across the street (who I normally get along with and has told me I don't have to turn it down when I get close to home) walked over and told me it's too loud; he can't even hear his television. I don't know how you (all) tune your **** when you can't play it!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.