I've got a new sub in the mail and I'm looking for a strong mono amp to pair it with...any advice?

KingCarter

CarAudio.com Newbie
The sub is a 1000rms 2ohm DVC and I'd like to wire it down to a 1ohm load on the amp. I'm sure I'll need at least a 1k-2k rms amp that is 1ohm stable.

I've been looking for RF or kicker amps but almost everything is sold out online. Kickers IQ1000.1 Q-Class Amplifier is the only thing in stock but it seems like too many bells n whistles for the price when I just need a strong reliable amp.

I been lookin thru RF, Kicker, JBL, Kenwood, Alpine, Sony and more and still can't find a killer amp.

Thanks for all the help !

The sub is a RF Power 15" T1 2-ohm DVC
Also dunno if I can post links but it's this one

Just got the box built last night and I'm gonna grab some wires today when I go to the shops to check on in-store amp selection

I'll definitely check out those brands before I buy any old amp

can someone tell me what would happen if I present a 2ohm load to a 1ohm stable amp? Im gonna be getting a alpine type r dvc 4ohm. wiring it down to 2ohm. the alpine type r amp that matches it is expensive. i could get a kicker for cheaper but it says it's either 4ohm or 1ohm.

can someone tell me what would happen if I present a 2ohm load to a 1ohm stable amp? Im gonna be getting a alpine type r dvc 4ohm. wiring it down to 2ohm. the alpine type r amp that matches it is expensive. i could get a kicker for cheaper but it says it's either 4ohm or 1ohm.

Nothing. Just less power. It's 1 ohm stable. Meaning it can run from 1ohm and up. Just get a dual 2 ohm subwoofer and wire it to 1 ohm. Many good amps that do enough power at 1 ohm that are cheaper than an Alpine or Kicker amp.

This is my choice, under 300 and 3k rms at 1-2 ohms.

Literally just sold mine last weekend, great amp would like to have one of their 7k's

They are definitely beast. Wish I would have kept mine.
7000.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.