its cheap, but is it that bad?

i was a team lead for 2 ISP's, i know that ip addresses can be tracked back to a physical address, but im at work logged in to a server in a city about 300 miles away from me that uses citrix sessions to VM sessions of windows. the IP im currently on gets recycled to all the different (and there are over 400) citrix interface machines throughout our 3 offices.
That's pretty smart. How often does it get recycled? Did you know your metadata can still be traced even if you use another ip address? All you have to do is log in to one of your accounts that's related to you and it will be linked to you. Signing on to your email or caraudio.com.. almost anything.. If you already done this even once, it's already traced. I wonder though.. There was one time where I accidentally got free internet for like a month and a half. and I was like.. where is the bill? So I went to my provider and was like.. I never got the bill and would like to pay for it. They couldn't find my info at all.. didn't exist. The guy was like.. and your internet is still working?...uhh.. no? I basically snitched myself out and had to start paying lol. Do you think if I didn't have a physical address connected to that IP address, would it still be traceable to my house?

That's pretty smart. How often does it get recycled? Did you know your metadata can still be traced even if you use another ip address? All you have to do is log in to one of your accounts that's related to you and it will be linked to you. Signing on to your email or caraudio.com.. almost anything.. If you already done this even once, it's already traced. I wonder though.. There was one time where I accidentally got free internet for like a month and a half. and I was like.. where is the bill? So I went to my provider and was like.. I never got the bill and would like to pay for it. They couldn't find my info at all.. didn't exist. The guy was like.. and your internet is still working?...uhh.. no? I basically snitched myself out and had to start paying lol. Do you think if I didn't have a physical address connected to that IP address, would it still be traceable to my house?
thats all about the provisioning system. if the mac of your modem was provisioned for service but their billing system wasnt linked to it, then you could have gotten away with it for a while, but there are software suites that ISPs use to sniff out bandwidth usage that isnt otherwise accounted for. Your modem still an ip assigned to it which would be traceable thru the hops that your modem took to get online tho. For cable service providers, the path from the ISP to you is NOC (network operations center), node, hub, pedestal, modem, all of which is traceable

thats all about the provisioning system. if the mac of your modem was provisioned for service but their billing system wasnt linked to it, then you could have gotten away with it for a while, but there are software suites that ISPs use to sniff out bandwidth usage that isnt otherwise accounted for. Your modem still an ip assigned to it which would be traceable thru the hops that your modem took to get online tho. For cable service providers, the path from the ISP to you is NOC (network operations center), node, hub, pedestal, modem, all of which is traceable
So what happened was I had my own modem when I signed up. They used to charge a monthly fee so I already have a good modem. Nowadays it's free with service but I was like I still wanna use my own modem. They couldn't sign me up directly so they had to find some weird loophole. Then the guy gives me a phone number to call so I can activate my modem. I call that number and I told him can you activate my modem? I gave him my mac address, then within seconds I got internet and just left it at that. So IDK.. I was never put into the system at all. But you're right, they probably would find out eventually if I started using a huge amount of bandwidth unaccounted for. 

So what happened was I had my own modem when I signed up. They used to charge a monthly fee so I already have a good modem. Nowadays it's free with service but I was like I still wanna use my own modem. They couldn't sign me up directly so they had to find some weird loophole. Then the guy gives me a phone number to call so I can activate my modem. I call that number and I told him can you activate my modem? I gave him my mac address, then within seconds I got internet and just left it at that. So IDK.. I was never put into the system at all. But you're right, they probably would find out eventually if I started using a huge amount of bandwidth unaccounted for. 
im not even sure what amount of bandwidth theyd be looking for these days. i cant imagine that hardly any bandwidth goes unnoticed with how monitored everything is. i use a vpn for anything uhhhhh, "less than becoming of an upright and honest individual" internets trafficks. That darn internets and the youtoobez!!!

dynos tell a different story. You wont get anything better making those lateral transitions. That box has low port area so its more like 35-38hz definitely not 45hz.
even they list it as 43 hz after sub disp it would be 45 hz, if they just made port little longer it'd be ok.. i told ya'll i've check most all prefabs looking for a ok one  https://www.amazon.com/Rockville-Single-cu-ft-Subwoofer-Enclosure/dp/B00CUXGMF2/ref=sr_1_3/136-9359152-9399321?ie=UTF8&qid=1537378748&sr=8-3&keywords=rockville+subwoofer+box

even they list it as 43 hz after sub disp it would be 45 hz, if they just made port little longer it'd be ok.. i told ya'll i've check most all prefabs looking for a ok one  https://www.amazon.com/Rockville-Single-cu-ft-Subwoofer-Enclosure/dp/B00CUXGMF2/ref=sr_1_3/136-9359152-9399321?ie=UTF8&qid=1537378748&sr=8-3&keywords=rockville+subwoofer+box
Here's the difference between you and me. You read sh*t online and believe anything.  I already know how to design sub boxes and can pretty much eyeball the tuning based on port length and area.  Even from the comments most of them say its around 37-38hz.  Better luck next time pops.

Here's the difference between you and me. You read sh*t online and believe anything.  I already know how to design sub boxes and can pretty much eyeball the tuning based on port length and area.  Even from the comments most of them say its around 37-38hz.  Better luck next time pops.
ok man but i've never seen a company claim port tuning higher than it is.. normally it's 3-5hz higher

ok man but i've never seen a company claim port tuning higher than it is.. normally it's 3-5hz higher
I dont care what a company claims, just from knowing how box designs and tuning work, you can already see that that box is rather decent sized for the amount of port are a used. Definitely not mid 40s tuning at all.  Might help to use your brain and actually learn how to design and build boxes for once. Or at least figure out a way how to make enough income so you are capable of even doing so....  I really hope after all this time you still aren't p*ss poor gramps.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont care what a company claims, just from knowing how box designs and tuning work, you can already see that that box is rather decent sized for the amount of port are a used. Definitely not mid 40s tuning at all.  Might help to use your brain and actually learn how to design and build boxes for once. Or at least figure out a way how to make enough income so you are capable of even doing so....  I really hope after all this time you still aren't p*ss poor gramps.
yes i know how to design a boxi did mine.. however in this casee i was looking at the 12" box and believe it or not those idiots made port bigger on the 12' box than the 15" and 15" one does say 37hz 12 says 43

yes i know how to design a box i did mine.. however in this casee i was looking at the 12" box and believe it or not those idiots made port bigger on the 12' box than the 15" and 15" one does say 37hz 12 says 43.. also that 15" box has like a 2" port on it so port area comes to about 7sq in per cf so why would u be "defending" that crap?

yes i know how to design a box i did mine.. however in this casee i was looking at the 12" box and believe it or not those idiots made port bigger on the 12' box than the 15" and 15" one does say 37hz 12 says 43.. also that 15" box has like a 2" port on it so port area comes to about 7sq in per cf so why would u be "defending" that crap?
because you have no clue why they have the port that small. this box will probably still be louder than whatever you design gramps.

Like you already should know, prefab boxes are crap.. They are for people who do not know better. The fact that you have been searching for one that doesnt "****" shows that even you know they are crappy.

Before you go using/building an enclosure, you need the specs of your sub so that you can properly size the box and port volumes. You cannot just go buy a ported enclosure and have it magically sound good with any (12") sub. At worst, you may blow your sub due to too much airspace or too low of tuning below the fs of the sub. 

If you're really a gramps, learn to build an enclosure and stop wasting time considering a pre-fab box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.