its cheap, but is it that bad?

i'd even say swap the rockville for pioneer 8601 or 9601 not lot $ diff + 2 fu 300 or alpine s or 1 fu750, sa or similar.. it's the box that cost  unless they can make a good one
dynos tell a different story. You wont get anything better making those lateral transitions. That box has low port area so its more like 35-38hz definitely not 45hz.

so, we all know we get folks in here all the time looking for an inexpensive bass solution.  Im just curious about how bad off people would be getting something like this for under $400. Mr Blankenship just showed on his most recent youtube vid that the amp in this kit makes good power, albeit missing some silicone around the torroids. $5 fix and should be in business as long as its also not mounted to the box.

I also know some of you are going to basically be in an ALL CAPS RAGE about prefab boxes, but for under 400, is this such a bad option?

https://www.audiosavings.com/rockville-w15k6d4-v2-15-4000w-subwoofer-vented-sub-box-mono-amplifier-amp-kit
I remember years ago like early 1990's when on the Usenet newsgroup Rec.Boats.Paddle and people would post about Coleman canoes and everyone would start telling them how much better they could do and I'd be like, Well it beats standing on the shore wishing!

John Kuthe...

I just completed a low budget build for my friend. I'm sure its a little better then that pre-made kit that you linked but who knows without a back to back comparison.

Parts list:

• Rockville DB14 1000w RMS - $120
  • 12" Cerwin Vega V122D Subwoofer - $100
  • Ported box - $50
  • Boss Audio wiring kit - $19
  • Boss 2 Farad Capacitor - $30
  • Misc. connectors - $12
  • Total = $331

I should mention that he has a $400 Kenwood headunit (not sure which model) with a factory bose 8 speaker sound system. The way I look at it, 10-20 years ago it would take 3 times the money to get the same experience. I'm impressed with the result. Got 130db out of it so far in his Audi A4. A bigger box should net another 5-8db. Its utterly amazing what you can get from a cheap setup.

I recently purchased two Pyle PLB8 8" subwoofers ($19) to try out the ultra low buck equipment. Sadly, I'm impressed with those two. Got 114db out of them earlier today. Sound like **** though  :)

I just completed a low budget build for my friend. I'm sure its a little better then that pre-made kit that you linked but who knows without a back to back comparison.

Parts list:

• Rockville DB14 1000w RMS - $120
  • 12" Cerwin Vega V122D Subwoofer - $100
  • Ported box - $50
  • Boss Audio wiring kit - $19
  • Boss 2 Farad Capacitor - $30
  • Misc. connectors - $12
  • Total = $331
this was pretty much the point of this post, to get options out there for new folks and just to see what can be done on the super cheap as well. I had also been wondering what rockville was all about as i see them on the top of this site below the url in the ads section all the time and i know ive never invoked the curse of the cookies LoL. ive been wanting some good cheap power for the kiddos first system too, that alpine only puts out about 230 watts, but theose kickers i got arent capable of handline much more than that LOLOL!! i should sell them and get him something better

this was pretty much the point of this post, to get options out there for new folks and just to see what can be done on the super cheap as well. I had also been wondering what rockville was all about as i see them on the top of this site below the url in the ads section all the time and i know ive never invoked the curse of the cookies LoL. ive been wanting some good cheap power for the kiddos first system too, that alpine only puts out about 230 watts, but theose kickers i got arent capable of handline much more than that LOLOL!! i should sell them and get him something better
Infinity k600 jbl gtx. Is a good deal probably more reliable than Rockville or similar brands. 

I picked up a couple of k600s open box on crutchfield for 120 but crutchfield outlet prices fluctuate 

That k1000 pretty reasonable. Just ordered 1 yesterday. Jbl version is even cheaper but no ss filter 

Infinity k600 jbl gtx. Is a good deal probably more reliable than Rockville or similar brands. 

I picked up a couple of k600s open box on crutchfield for 120 but crutchfield outlet prices fluctuate 

That k1000 pretty reasonable. Just ordered 1 yesterday. Jbl version is even cheaper but no ss filter 
i was thinking to see if i can find an older soundqubed 850 watt mono amp for his rig. maybe one of those pioneers or the dual amps from Ryans amp dynos. I got a 2 channel dual amp with the kickers, but its junk

I'm pretty sure your cookies have been tainted one way or another. You can't run away from meta data (well you can, but it's tedious). It lives and breathes through the internet with every click and every search you make. You must have been secretly looking at rockville. I'm sure of it. If not, at the very least they know you're a basshead on a budget, which makes sense lol

I'm pretty sure your cookies have been tainted one way or another. You can't run away from meta data (well you can, but it's tedious). It lives and breathes through the internet with every click and every search you make. You must have been secretly looking at rockville. I'm sure of it. If not, at the very least they know you're a basshead on a budget, which makes sense lol
EDWARD SNOWDEN IS SELLING MY SECRETS!!!

EDWARD SNOWDEN IS SELLING MY SECRETS!!!
Cheap bass equipment is the common thread. Selling more cheap bass equipment is the algorithm!

Facebook is famous for it's Algorithm!!

Facebook is really nothing more than an Advertising Medium!

Ya wanna piss off Facebook? FBPurity.com!!

John Kuthe...

i usually am on a citrix housed instance of windows virtualized for the safety of HPIAA information when replying to the forum posts. Not too many cookies are tainted there. I wonder how many people get ads for car audio stuff who get reassigned my ip address

i usually am on a citrix housed instance of windows virtualized for the safety of HPIAA information when replying to the forum posts. Not too many cookies are tainted there. I wonder how many people get ads for car audio stuff who get reassigned my ip address
I don't think anyone else gets reassigned your ip address. it's pretty unique and it can be traced to your house, literally. There's still metadata collected no matter what you do to build a profile about what you like and things you are interested in. You can only add more layers of security, but nothing is actually full proof for anonymity these days unless you're really careful about every step. Practically every big corporation you can think of has leaked our info. You name it, they've all either leaked it or sold it to a 3rd party. There's a search engine called duckduckgo that claim to not collect data but how much can you actually trust? When you agree to any companies' terms of using any of their devices or services, you are pretty much giving them permission to take your info and they'll do whatever they want with it. You can do things like use a VPN, onion routing, and/or installing a completely different OS on your computer that doesn't collect anything whatsoever.. The more anonymous you are, the more restrictions you get from entering a website. It will think you are a robot or don't exist so it makes you go through some hoops just so you can enter the damn site, even caraudio.com lol. Like i said these are just layers of security someone would have to go through and even then you can still be breached. but if you have nothing to hide, then all of this would be pointless. I could totally see how someone would need to be private about medical issues or something very sensitive. People have their reasons but what I'm saying is it's becoming harder and harder to run away from this. 

I don't think anyone else gets reassigned your ip address. it's pretty unique and it can be traced to your house, literally. There's still metadata collected no matter what you do to build a profile about what you like and things you are interested in. You can only add more layers of security, but nothing is actually full proof for anonymity these days unless you're really careful about every step. Practically every big corporation you can think of has leaked our info. You name it, they've all either leaked it or sold it to a 3rd party. There's a search engine called duckduckgo that claim to not collect data but how much can you actually trust? When you agree to any companies' terms of using any of their devices or services, you are pretty much giving them permission to take your info and they'll do whatever they want with it. You can do things like use a VPN, onion routing, and/or installing a completely different OS on your computer that doesn't collect anything whatsoever.. The more anonymous you are, the more restrictions you get from entering a website. It will think you are a robot or don't exist so it makes you go through some hoops just so you can enter the damn site, even caraudio.com lol. Like i said these are just layers of security someone would have to go through and even then you can still be breached. but if you have nothing to hide, then all of this would be pointless. I could totally see how someone would need to be private about medical issues or something very sensitive. People have their reasons but what I'm saying is it's becoming harder and harder to run away from this. 
i was a team lead for 2 ISP's, i know that ip addresses can be tracked back to a physical address, but im at work logged in to a server in a city about 300 miles away from me that uses citrix sessions to VM sessions of windows. the IP im currently on gets recycled to all the different (and there are over 400) citrix interface machines throughout our 3 offices.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.