it wont come out!

ky babyn
10+ year member

ya kinda new to this but now what im doing. exept that. my friend bought a car with a deck in it but he is replacing it and we took the face plate of and the trim. inserted the 2 little peices of metal to disengauge the tabs and it slit out half way then stopped. we can push it back in but it wont come all of the war out of the sleeve.

if its a aftermarket deck it is prob the wire that u can attach to the back of the cd player and then to the car itself to prevent theft of the cd player. thats y u can only take it out half way...to unattach it ur guna have to go looken at the area behind were the player would be...its prob going to be about 12 ga.(bare wire)..i think

It also may be the silver mounting box that surrounds the head unit. It had a bunch of mettle tabs that are bent down to hold it in place. If one is bent the wrong way it could be catching on the head unit. Plus on some models they have a support bracket mounted to the back of the radio and the other end is mounted to the dash. IT IS A PAIN IN THE ASS but you may have to take your dash out to get to that bracket.

ya i figured i might have to take the dash apart. it must be hooked on something in the sleeve. it is a cheap deck that is in there right now so probaly does have a mount on the back of the radio and not the sleeve like the new ones do. thanks.

if its a aftermarket deck it is prob the wire that u can attach to the back of the cd player and then to the car itself to prevent theft of the cd player. thats y u can only take it out half way...to unattach it ur guna have to go looken at the area behind were the player would be...its prob going to be about 12 ga.(bare wire)..i think
Pull that B*tch out of there, the factory will do anything to make money once the car is driven off the lot. If the radio is stolen you have to buy another. I had a mazda protege do that one time.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.