Issues installing stereo system in cooler ... please help

Participant count
  • Participant list
Main amp is connected on this set up and is connected to the battery ...
Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
12v constant (yellow wire) Is connected to 12v battery using a 10-amp fuse

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

So the red and yellow are together to the battery ..and the grounds to the battery ..and each speaker to the Bluetooth amp ?
On this set up, I didn't wire the speakers.i was only testing for power.

12v constant (yellow wire) Is connected to 12v battery using a 10-amp fuse

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

On this set up, I didn't wire the speakers.i was only testing for power.

Yes and yes but no speakers on this set up. Also Bluetooth amp is the main amp

Looking at the diagram on each amp the rca from Bluetooth main amp goes direct to sub amp ..that’s the only rca connections....the two yellows to battery pos and two hands to battery neg then blue remote wires together..then the two reds from amp and orange wire from main amp to a 12v switch ..can be temporarily hooked to battery ..then hook up highs speakers and subs

Looking at the diagram on each amp the rca from Bluetooth main amp goes direct to sub amp ..that’s the only rca connections....the two yellows to battery pos and two hands to battery neg then blue remote wires together..then the two reds from amp and orange wire from main amp to a 12v switch ..can be temporarily hooked to battery ..then hook up highs speakers and subs
Exactly! That was my original set up. However same thing happened. Amps powered on for a sec and went off.

Exactly! That was my original set up. However same thing happened. Amps powered on for a sec and went off.
FYI on this set up I have the 12v ignition not connected to anything. That's where I'm confused. Should that be connected to something?

FYI on this set up I have the 12v ignition not connected to anything. That's where I'm confused. Should that be connected to something?
Since you don’t have an ignition connect it to the battery ..for testing but it will need to be a toggle switch put in to turn it on and off ..it can be a small remote size wire because the ignition wires only activate internal relays

Since you don’t have an ignition connect it to the battery ..for testing but it will need to be a toggle switch put in to turn it on and off ..it can be a small remote size wire because the ignition wires only activate internal relays
I'll get a switch then. I'll follow your instructions and will come back to let you know the results. Thanks!

Just to be clear because I'm confused by something you said...you do have the remote wire hooked up to the amp you're testing right?
Blue remote wire wasn't connected when testing as it was connected to sub amp when I had system wired up . I only set up Bluetooth amp for testing so blue remote wire wasn't connected to anything.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.