Issues installing stereo system in cooler ... please help

Participant count
  • Participant list
The remote wire is what turns the amp on. If you tie that in with your power wire the amp should turn on.
I tried that. I tried tying blue remote wire red power wire from Bluetooth amp and power cable from battery and nothing. Still the same outcome
Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Oh my bad, I just pulled up the manual for the amp..looks like the blue wire is remote out to the other amp and the red wire is what turns the amp on so that should be tied in with your power wire to turn the amp on.

Oh my bad, I just pulled up the manual for the amp..looks like the blue wire is remote out to the other amp and the red wire is what turns the amp on so that should be tied in with your power wire to turn the amp on.
Yeah that's what I have right now but I'll try the switch when it comes in. Hopefully that'll be it

The switch will just allow you to switch it on and off, like simulating a key turning the accessory circuits on and off, but if you connect it straight to 12V for testing the amp should just turn on. Do you have to press the power button on the remote to turn it on?

The switch will just allow you to switch it on and off, like simulating a key turning the accessory circuits on and off, but if you connect it straight to 12V for testing the amp should just turn on. Do you have to press the power button on the remote to turn it on?
I know where you're going with this. I don't need the switch then Because I do need to press the power button on the remote in order to turn on the amp. With that said, where will the red wire on the amp go to? I mean the 12v ignition wire?

You should probably still put a switch in series with the ignition wire since it is intended to be a switched power input, but for testing purposes you can just connect it straight to your battery wire with no switch. So to summarize, for testing you should have the yellow and red wire from the amp connected to the positive battery cable and the black wire from the amp connected to the negative battery cable. Then you should be able to push the power button on the remote and turn the amp on. If it doesn't work with this setup, the only other troubleshooting step I can think of is to check voltage on the amp side of the fuse to make sure it's not blown. Short of that, you may have a defective amp.

You should probably still put a switch in series with the ignition wire since it is intended to be a switched power input, but for testing purposes you can just connect it straight to your battery wire with no switch. So to summarize, for testing you should have the yellow and red wire from the amp connected to the positive battery cable and the black wire from the amp connected to the negative battery cable. Then you should be able to push the power button on the remote and turn the amp on. If it doesn't work with this setup, the only other troubleshooting step I can think of is to check voltage on the amp side of the fuse to make sure it's not blown. Short of that, you may have a defective amp.
I'm hoping it's not the amp. Thanks a lot for the input.

Since everything is so close together you could also just measure resistance of battery and ground cables from the battery to the amps. Should be less the 0.5 ohms, probably much less than that since the runs are so short.
Thank you for the advice! Checked my ground wire and it was reading over 1ohm so I cut it as short as possible and after that my meter read .8 omh. I said what the hell! Let's give it a try. It worked! Thanks a lot guys for all the inputs ... I'm not wiring all the speakers and subs for final test. Tomorrow I'll be installing switch for final product. Thanks again! I'll keep you guys posted

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.