Issue within power fuse block

Participant count
  • Participant list

jb2xx
10+ year member

I love asian babes!!
Seems that the 40A fuse that is in the fuse block going to my kx400.1 amp is getting melted from the top end that is coming from the battery. Nothing happens on the output end going to amp. Seems that solder that is within the casing of the fuse is being melted & drips out.

I have been through 3 fuses already. Fuse for the kenwood for mids/highs amp is ok. Nothing happens with that.

Anybody knows what I can do to remedy this? I have Rockford fosgate wiring 4 guage. Everything is 4 guage except for fuse block to kenwood amp...that is 8 guage.

Would it be ok to just run the wire from distro block to kx400.1 amp w/o fusing considering that the 4 guage is already being fused at 60A next to the battery?

Fuse is to protect the wire right? So it would mean for exception of the kenwood amp, all 4guage wiring is fused at 60A. Kenwood amp is fused from distro block at 30A.

Please help!

For some reason your distro block is getting way to hot. How is your distro block mounted, and what is it mounted to. Is it mounted to ANY metal in the car? If so you Might have a case grounded fuse block. I know it is hard to do seeing most fuse blocks are made of plastic.

up the fuse size in on the one that is melting.
ya do that...thats not asking for trouble //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/spank.gif.0d78e34d42ea8780359e903aeb6697d6.gif

never just up the fuse size!!! fix the problem...don't be a *****!!

the fuse obviously cannot supply the power demanded of it so its melting. Just get a higher amperage one (within the limits of the wire, of course) and you should be fine.

explain how that is asking for trouble.

For some reason your distro block is getting way to hot. How is your distro block mounted, and what is it mounted to. Is it mounted to ANY metal in the car? If so you Might have a case grounded fuse block. I know it is hard to do seeing most fuse blocks are made of plastic.
I think this is right. I touched the distro block & it was hot like hell. It is mounted on the back of the rear seats. Base of distro block is plastic. I will look more into it to see if I just need to re-mount it. Everything looks fine to me.

Will let you guys know what happens.

thanx everybody.

Seems that I just placed the fuse with the metal casing of the output side more settled & connected with the terminal than the input side. That fixed the problem. Not sure how this plays a factor but it did.

Let's say that the fuse is #cm. The fuse holder is ( # + 5 )cm. I made sure that the fuse if more connected to the output connector of the fuse holder than on the input side. That made the trick. I don't see the physics behind this. If you do, please share.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.