Issue with subwoofer noise at low volumes

Participant count
  • Participant list
I just joined this forum and here is my current set up

-Pioneer head unit

-Subwoofer and Sub Box: KICKER TC104 10" 300 WATT MAX.150 Watt RMS. Impedance: 4 Ohm. Frequency response: 30-500 Hz. Sensitivity: 89 dB.

-Amplifier: BOSS R1100M 1100W Mono Car Audio Amplifier. 1100 Watt Max. Max Power: 1100 Watt x 1 Channel @ 2 Ohm. RMS Power: 250 Watt x 1 Channel @ 4 Ohm.

I recently installed this set up in my 2002 Acura RSX, and I am having a issue when I turn my volume from around 1-25 out of max 62 on the head unit, depending on the song , the sub will make a sort of humming, cracking, popping, distorted kind of sound that throws off my system. Every time I turn the music down I also have to turn the remote controlled bass control down as well just to make that weird noise go away. It is really annoying. Ive tried changing the gain and frequency and bass boost on and off and I can't seem to do much to get the noise completely gone on all songs. It sounds perfectly fine on louder volumes as well. If anyone could help that would be great. I am new to car audio so anything helps.

Thanks

bad ground on my head unit or amp? The sub sound was going on as soon as i tested it out, its a noise that seems like the sub isn't getting enough power or something to even create the bass as low volumes. Its not a constant sound but only happens when the bass hits on songs

Wrap a wire around the metal chassis of the headunit and ground it off to a screw that connects to metal. See if that helps.

If not wrap a stripped wire around the outside of the metal part of your rca jacks when they are connected and ground it to a metal screw that is attached to metal.

And now occasionally 2 of my 4 speakers (Front left and back right) have static/ sound like they are blown or something, but they were working fine today and last night i had the same issue. Would a bad ground to the heading really cause all this? cause when i removed my heading to plug in the rc cables, the ground looked pretty solid and i never had this problem before i installed the amp

well seen the ad looked and seen u have a pioneer head unit it happens like noloud4u said the pico fuse pioneer head units have a habbit of noise jus ground rca to chassis of stereo try that everyone seems to be telling u but u dont try it jus keep saying noise it doesnt hurt to try what we call car audio vets are saying!!! good luck kid

I grounded the RCA cables by wrapping a wire around it and attaching it to a screw on the chassis, and I also found a new ground for my amp, but neither of them seemed to solve the issue. I also am not getting much bass/ sound without being in the bass boost mode.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.