Issue with subwoofer noise at low volumes

Participant count
  • Participant list
Instead of just telling me its a crap amp, is there anything that can be done? Is it worth it to take it into a car audio shop to have them see if the amp is bad. Cause they can't sell these kits and not have them even work. I wasn't looking for the best system out there, i just wanted to add a little bass to my door speakers. Would buying a different amp and testing it out be a viable option, and if so what are some inexpensive amps out there that are good quality.

If you have done the rca ground correct and your ground is good than its either the Headunit or the crap amp. They sell stuff like that because people buy them. They are VERY overrated and VERY unreliable. But people still buy them by the droves everyday. For the same price you could have gotten better stuff that does what it says and is built better.

And adding bass to door speakers is more than just adding power. It's install

Update:

I bought a new amp just to test it out and see and it still make the terrible bass distortion static sound, I then bought a RCA to mini jack to plug my phone to take the head unit and RCA cables out of the picture and it still made the sound. So I narrowed it down to either the speaker wire or the subwoofer. Either way I will be able to exchange the subwoofer online so hopefully it will all work. Kicker must of sent me a defective sub. I appreciate all the help though!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.