Issue with hiss through amp

I was having a similar problem, but not identical. I was getting an intermittent static-like noise from my tweets. Long story short, someone recommended to me that I spray some DeoxIt Fader F5 onto the gains of my amp. I did this and instantly the noise went almost completely away. I sprayed the gains a second time and within two days, the static-like noise has completely left. No more noise.

Just spray it on the gain knobs (per the tech guy at my local dealer...I wasn't sure where to spray, so I asked him), fiddle with the gains moving them all the way forward and back again a few times, then reset the gains. You don't have to take the cover off. The DeoxIt F5 was only about $17 at Amazon.

Try grounding the RCA cable.
Ran a small piece of 18 gauge wire from the outer shield of the problem RCA input to the outer shield of one of the pass through RCA set. Clears is right up. Any other fix other than having a showing wire between the two or is this the best way?

Thanks for the suggestion. It didn't even occur to me that all the RCA inputs were not single grounded.

Ran a small piece of 18 gauge wire from the outer shield of the problem RCA input to the outer shield of one of the pass through RCA set. Clears is right up. Any other fix other than having a showing wire between the two or is this the best way?

Thanks for the suggestion. It didn't even occur to me that all the RCA inputs were not single grounded.
I think you can buy RCA cables that have a ground lead if you want a cleaner install. You can always ground them behind your deck too.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.