friends CAB SMOKING!!!!!!!

BOOMINGRANDPA
5,000+ posts

WOLFRAM FTW
NC
he's 30 miles away so not much i can do.. i told him check grounds make sure no paint under them.. he has 2 batts under hood main start batt powers amp has big 3 wires on it + wires ran to 2 batt under hood and i think he did big 3 on 2nd batt too.. should he have ran from alt to start batt to 2nd batt back to amp instead of just adding 2nd batt and not running amp from it? i told him i was used to seeing 2 batt at amp so idk if his way was good or not but i wouldn't have done it that way.. other concern is all those grounds under hood could have gotta oil on them or something idk.. i as what amp fuse he has at the amp idk yet, but if he has like 250 amp fuse is that to big for that amp even with 0ga wire?

Yeah like mentioned. I had two running at .5 per amd never protected. Something's not right....
Anything new with your build? You can text me if you want....gotta go to work here soon shorty.

I may have them at 1 ohm strapped, but not for long... I'm only going to meter it... man... the temptation to leave it as is is really strong... it feels like +5K but I'll just have to wait till next year for that...

ground/positive are touching or were touching at some point in time.

very easy way to burn up wire and create a good bit of smoke.

Check every connection, that thing is about a pube hair away from a fire if this is the case.

i trying to get more info but he been at work he said amp works fine now but he thinks lights on it don't work any more.. i told him to check all wires and maybe go to smaller fuse right at amp he does have 250..

i trying to get more info but he been at work he said amp works fine now but he thinks lights on it don't work any more.. i told him to check all wires and maybe go to smaller fuse right at amp he does have 250..
The amp still WORKS?... tell him that today is the day to buy a lottery ticket... LOL!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.